Main embarkation is Civitavecchia????

mairead224

Hi All,

This will be a first for us with the main embarkation port is Civitavecchia. We have always boarded in BCN so just wondering if there are going to be long lines etc. Our travel date is june 26th. I ask as we are travelling in a large group with 9 kiddies in tow!!!!

Mairead. To be honest, embarking at Civitavecchia is a pain in the butt unless you have a transfer with MSC. If you DIY, you need the train from Termini, bus from railway to port, shuttle from port entrance to ship. Lines may not be too long as MSC embarks at most ports. If you don't have a transfer arranged, it might be worth arranging private transport from Rome, especially with that many kids and it will be hot. Ken

For MSC Mediterranean cruises, the main port is Genoa or sometimes Venice where the majority of the passengers either disembark or embark. Civitavecchia is a stop along the way and where mostly Italian passengers from central and southern Italy get on. We embark at Civitavecchia at least once a year since we live in Rome. For me it's a piece of cake because I park my car always at the same garage which provides shuttle service directly to the ship (and vice-versa). Then being Black Card members we get immediate check-in and are in our cabin within a half hour. Others less fortunate will have to put up with embarkation pains but to my experience it's always better than Genoa.

It's Parking Isonso, at Via Isonso 8. They're tied in with http://www.myparking.it. Cost is very reasonable (about €75 for two weeks; less for one week cruises) and the service is excellent. Their shuttles go back and fourth every few minutes.

Brilliant thanks. We used another one and we weren't really that happy with the way we saw them parking other customers cars!

Edited by Babyeddiedog
Spelling