dress for formal night on celebrity summit

Hi, everyone was so helpful with my mascara and hair dilemma, so I was hoping for some input on a dress question. My wishlist is along the lines of an lbd. I would like to find it on Amazon because I have a prime account, and I am running out of time. My budget is $100. Or less. To be more specific, size 12 to 14, and I am a woman of a certain age. Thanks!

Hi, I think your idea of LBD is great, but this is hard to suggest for someone else because so much depends on body shape as to what style of dress. If you are short on time to find the right size via online shopping, try looking at local stores to try on some different styles so you can see how the brands size and look on you. I just scored a great Ralph Lauren faux wrap knit cocktail dress at TJ Maxx for $49. I recognize the dress from about two years ago that sold for over $100. So, just saying, you may get lucky just looking around. Good luck and have fun shopping.

I agree with Chloe. TJMaxx, Ross, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack. I've had great luck at all of them. I found a black jumpsuit at Ross for $29. It's my go to outfit as I can dress it up or down so easily!

Hi, everyone was so helpful with my mascara and hair dilemma, so I was hoping for some input on a dress question. My wishlist is along the lines of an lbd. I would like to find it on Amazon because I have a prime account, and I am running out of time. My budget is $100. Or less. To be more specific, size 12 to 14, and I am a woman of a certain age. Thanks!

How about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Kasper-Womens-Sleeve-Gathered-Dress/dp/B00R7CGG9I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_193_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=00BVG4PS4AKW4JNDY5B0

713nSIF4zFL._UL1500_.jpg

When I did a search on Amazon of your size and the color black under evening wear (Prime Eligible), everything that came up is really short lengths. I don't do that short, so I checked the "wear to work" and there are several very nice tasteful dresses there.

Here's the LINK to the search.

If you like shorter, just switch categories to evening wear and see what's there. There seem to be quite a few choices.

Edited by Cruisinwithagoodbook

Great find on Amazon! Lovely dress!

I was out this weekend dress shopping. I went to 8 different stores (discount and retail) and I found it's pretty slim pickings right now. Lots of sundresses and very junior prom formals. I found a few more sophisticated cocktail/formal dresses, but they were on clearance and sizing/selection was very limited. The associate at Nordstrom Rack said that this time of year is tough because the clearance from holiday is all that is left.

I got both of my LBDs from JC Penney, for $40 each.

I'm in my mid-40s (OK, getting closer to late 40s) but I think the dresses would be appropriate for someone older or younger.

Get out....you look more like getting closer to late 30s not 40s.:)