Ist Timer Disney Cruise Help please

alliejb

We are considering doing a 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream on 31st October this year and I have a couple of questions.

Please excuse a really stupid question,:o but I presume all food is included onboard and are drinks included, couldn't see on the website?

The cruise will be ending on Sat 3rd November and I am concerned as our flight home is on this day at 5.20pm, check in at 2.20pm, so will that be enough time? From what I can see we would disembark about 7.30am, so it seems to be okay?? Really worried that maybe the ship would be late back or something could happen and we could miss our flights?

Does anyone ever suffer from seasickness on this cruise? Done a cruise before around the Med, and I did suffer quite a bit.

Would this be a fun thing to do for myself, hubbie & 17yr old daughter, who all love Disney. Spending 3 weeks in Orlando, went last year and thought this would be something different.

Thank you very much to anyone who can help :)

Allie

Yes, all food is included with the exception of Palo and Remy adult only restaurants. Soda products are included, but alcahol is not.

The ships usually get back in port over night while everyone is still asleep. The only time a ship would be late in port is due to unforeseen bad weather.

Generally most people do not suffer sea sickness. The ship, particularly the Disney Dream and Fantasy are so big you can't feel any movement. Now, again, the exception being really bad weather at sea.

I think your family would have a great time! Disney is great at catering to the interest of all ages with special areas of the ship dedicated to their entertainment.

Hope this helps, happy sailing!

Food is included, including fast food items around the pool, and the dining rooms. Palo and Remy are adults only and a surcharge, I believe $20 for Palo and $75 for Remy, per person. Alcohol you pay separately.

I've never been seasick, and typically if you don't experience motion sickness on land, you won't at sea either. You will feel the motion on occasion but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

We've done two DCL cruises and we've been on the road no later than 9:30am each time. So you will be fine for a 5:20 flight. The port is only an hour from MCO.

I think you'll love it!!! We have done 2 7-nt cruises and I'm going on a 4 nt with my girlfriends on Sunday on the Dream. Your only regret will be not booking a longer cruise! Enjoy!

thanks very much for your replies, think that has put my mind to rest. We are actually staying at a villa in Orlando, so when we get off the ship we will drive back to the villa (think I saw it takes about a hour?), pick up our cases we will have left there and then our flight is from Sanford, which I know is further than MCO, but from what you say we should still have plenty of time.

As we will be on the ship for Halloween, does anyone know if they do anything special?

Once again thanks for any help

Allie:)

thanks very much for your replies, think that has put my mind to rest. We are actually staying at a villa in Orlando, so when we get off the ship we will drive back to the villa (think I saw it takes about a hour?), pick up our cases we will have left there and then our flight is from Sanford, which I know is further than MCO, but from what you say we should still have plenty of time.

As we will be on the ship for Halloween, does anyone know if they do anything special?

Once again thanks for any help

Allie:)

Hi Allie

We're from the UK and did a 3 night cruise in December, our first cruise. We did feel the motion initially but soon forgot about it, infact had our best nights sleep ever - the gentle movement rocked us to sleep. We didn't even know the ship had stopped sailing when we woke up in the mornings.

Our children are 6 and 12 and absolutely loved it - we all did. It will be a magical way to end your holiday. My only advice would be to try and go for at least a 4 day, we wished we had booked a longer cruise, but 3 days is better than no days.

Your questions have all been answered above and yes you will have plenty of time to make it back to the airport.

Have fun - wish we were going with you

Hi Helen

thanks for your comments. We have booked now, I made a mistake with 31st October (I was looking at 2013!!) so made a few changes to our schedule and now booked for the 25th October. Really excited and busy looking at all the information about the ship :) Just need to decide about where to park the car, heard parking at the Radisson Hotel is a cheaper option than parking at the terminal?

Allie

We're leaving next week to sail on the Magic and we're staying at the Country Inn and Suites at the port. We got our room (two queen beds), parking for the entire week, and shuttle to the port for around 140.

Archived