Hotel recommendations in Barcelona

kuddles14

We will be going on our first Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona next year. I am

Looking for recommendations for hotels and transfers from airport to hotel and then hotel to port. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also will be our first Med.cruise for next April will be taking a taxi and booked Hotel Europark great reviews and close to all attractions.

We will be going on our first Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona next year. I am

Looking for recommendations for hotels and transfers from airport to hotel and then hotel to port. Thank you

We did this a few months ago.....used a taxi from airport to hotel....would highly recommend the Magestic Hotel....and also used a taxi from the Majestic Hotel to the port.

We just returned from a cruise on Freedom. We stayed 2 nights before the cruise at Hotel Colon and one night post cruise at Hotel Jazz.

I highly recommend Hotel Colon. The location is perfect and the beautiful Cathedral is directly outside your door. There are so many wonderful restaurants and shops within steps. They have musicians who play music on the streets. Hotel is beautifully decorated with a small rooftop bar and pool and an amazing view of the cathedral. Staff was great.

Hotel Jazz wasn't as nice, located on a dirty street with views of graffiti and trash on the streets. Needed to walk a few blocks to find restaurants and the area definitely wasn't as nice. Hotel is dreary, walls all pained gray. Hallways smelled of sour milk. Needs updating and new paint. Nicer and bigger pool on rooftop compared to Hotel Colon and staff was very helpful but location ruined it for us.

We took cab to port as it's only 5 mins away and also a cab to airport which is about 15 mins away.

Very easy to get cab on street or in front of hotels.

We did this a few months ago.....used a taxi from airport to hotel....would highly recommend the Magestic Hotel....and also used a taxi from the Majestic Hotel to the port.

Majestic was going to be our choice until yesterday. Rather get out of the middle of the city because of the attack. I know I am probably wrong but my BW would rather cancel than stay near the center of the city. We will stay at the Arts Hotel at Port Olympic where we have been at least 4 times. Love the Arts but we thought we needed a change. After this whole thing passes we will go to the Majestic next time.

Edited by RJB
spelling

I just got back from a cruise last night....sailed from Barcelona and I stayed at The Hotel Pulitzer and I would stay there

again:).....clean, lovely staff and great location. I used a car service through the hotel. Driver was waiting for me at

the airport and I used the same company from the hotel to the ship:D

I just got back from a cruise last night....sailed from Barcelona and I stayed at The Hotel Pulitzer and I would stay there

again:).....clean, lovely staff and great location. I used a car service through the hotel. Driver was waiting for me at

the airport and I used the same company from the hotel to the ship:D

Thanks for the update about the Hotel Pulitzer.

I totally agree with you, and would stay there again.

Did you visit the roof top bar?

• 4 weeks later...
I will be there next April what did you like most about Hotel Europark.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

We found the hotel to be exactly as pictured on their website. It is a small, very modern hotel well situated in the heart of Barcelona. La Ramblas, La Sagrada are within walking distance as well as other venues. Our rooms were clean and neat and always made up first thing in the morning. We paid for our rooms in advance and chose the breakfast buffet to get the best price. An excellent buffet to get the day started. The staff was very friendly and informative. Finally, their prices were very competitive and I found it them to to be the best priced hotel in the area. We looked at many positive reviews on TripAdvisor before we made our decision the first time. Those reviews are accurate. We are going back for New Years Eve (pre-cruise) and and very much looking forward to Hotel Europark.

Paul

We found the hotel to be exactly as pictured on their website. It is a small, very modern hotel well situated in the heart of Barcelona. La Ramblas, La Sagrada are within walking distance as well as other venues. Our rooms were clean and neat and always made up first thing in the morning. We paid for our rooms in advance and chose the breakfast buffet to get the best price. An excellent buffet to get the day started. The staff was very friendly and informative. Finally, their prices were very competitive and I found it them to to be the best priced hotel in the area. We looked at many positive reviews on TripAdvisor before we made our decision the first time. Those reviews are accurate. We are going back for New Years Eve (pre-cruise) and and very much looking forward to Hotel Europark.

Paul

Thanks a lot, this was very helpful Paul :)

Responding to the O.Ps second remark, note that Barcelona has an excellent public transportation network (bus, metro, tramway, train) which is convenient, efficient, safe, clean and inexpensive as well as a large fleet of also inexpensive taxis (over 11,000 for a population of 1.6 million, far more than in NY!) so the vast majority of hotels don't offer private transfer services. This is not to say there aren't any, in fact, there are a few companies, but generally speaking, their services are hardly worthwhile from a cost and convenience point of view if compared to the public transportation alternatives (inc. taxis).

Responding to the O.Ps second remark, note that Barcelona has an excellent public transportation network (bus, metro, tramway, train) which is convenient, efficient, safe, clean and inexpensive as well as a large fleet of also inexpensive taxis (over 11,000 for a population of 1.6 million, far more than in NY!) so the vast majority of hotels don't offer private transfer services. This is not to say there aren't any, in fact, there are a few companies, but generally speaking, their services are hardly worthwhile from a cost and convenience point of view if compared to the public transportation alternatives (inc. taxis).

Thank you for the information. That was a big help.

We stayed pre cruise at Aspasios Rambla Cataluyna boutique hotel (there were 6 of us and we loved the location as our hotel was literally around the corner from Casa Batllo) and we just took the aerobus from BCN to Placa de Catalunya and walked 2 blocks to hotel. After cruise we stayed at Amister which is a block from Placa de Cataluyna and then did a return on the aerobus (wouldnt really recommend this place). It was cheaper for 6 of us to just buy R/T aerobus tickets with all our luggage than take 2 separate cabs and we didnt want to hassle with train since we were juggling luggage and a curious 6 yr old.

We are sailing on MSC Seaview on 13th July 2018. It seems there is a big music festival planned around that time and many of the popular hotels have no vacancies for the dates we wanted pre cruise and those that do have rooms are so expensive. We have therefore decided to book a three bedroomed apartment close to Sagrada Familia which was very reasonably priced and comes with excellent facilities (Suite Home Sagrada Familia through booking.com)

Our flights are also booked with British Airways from Heathrow - used our Air Miles so more savings here.

Suron (Bristol,UK)

Edited by suron
spellin