Questions about Norfolk port

4myfam

We are cruising out of the Norfolk port for the first time and I have a few questions for those who have cruised out of there.:o

Anyone know the address for that port? I cant seem to find an address for it in my searches.:confused:

Also, where do you recommend parking? At the port parking?

Or find a hotel stay cruise option? If this option is the best, any recommendations?

We are traveling from PA and will be coming in Saturday, and heading to port on Sunday.

Thanks for any advice or info you can provide about this port!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Best address to use for Norfolk's Half Moon Terminal is 1 Waterside Drive (the adjacent address which is for Nauticus, a marine museum/attraction where the battleship Wisconsin is now berthed as a museum ship.) The terminal is located smack in downtown Norfolk and there is no parking on site. The parking is a remote lot located about 2 miles from the terminal.

Since you are driving, I would suggest that you do a "stay, park & cruise" hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Norfolk (800-321-2211) and Sheraton Waterside (757-622-6664) bother offer park & cruise packages. I don't know if these hotels offer shuttle service to the pier, but it would not be an expensive taxi ride from either of them. Sheraton is the closer to the pier, but is also more pricey.

Hope this information is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

We always stay at the Sheraton Waterside. You can park in the parking lot next to the hotel and they will validate your ticket. We always walk to the pier however the hotel will shuttle you - takes longer than walking depending on traffic.