Last minute deals

CCLCruiser4321

I recently moved and now I live with 30mins of port Everglades I hear people on past cruises talk about last minute deals that are super cheap. What's the best way to get these deals. Do I call the cruise line or the port? I'm talking about like the day the cruise is leaving can you still get a room if one is available. Any information you guys know about this would be great!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently moved and now I live with 30mins of port Everglades I hear people on past cruises talk about last minute deals that are super cheap. What's the best way to get these deals. Do I call the cruise line or the port? I'm talking about like the day the cruise is leaving can you still get a room if one is available. Any information you guys know about this would be great!! Thanks

On Royal Caribbean, the close in sales are in this document, which is usually updated every Thursday afternoon:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Princess has a spot on their website where you can sign up to be notified of last minute deals. Carnival may also, but I think they sail mostly out of Miami. I also live about 40 minutes north of Port Everglades and will retire in 5 more years and plan on doing last minute cruises 😃

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Forums mobile app

While still possible, it is pretty rare these days to get a really good last minute deal. The lines have gotten very good a managing inventory, pre selling blocks towards the end, and lining up conditional customers among their own personnel and people in the industry. It's not like the '90's and a dozen or so years ago when deep discounts were generally available.

With Carnival, who does sail from Port Everglades as wells as Miami and Port Canaveral and Tampa and JAX, you can call in the morning and sail in the afternoon. But you have to call, cannot book online and you will not be able to to online checkin. And the rate may not be a bargain. EM