Insurance - General Question

packedandready

I don't see why it wouldn't be covered; if you had a valid cancellation reason covered under the terms.of the insurance, I think it would cover non-refundable bookings too (caveat - may be different in the US, I'm in the UK)

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot
Typi

I know it depends on the specific policy, but GENERALLY, would insurance refund for nonrefundable hotel rooms? Many times room rates are cheaper if you book under the nonrefundable rate and if the insurance would cover it I'd feel more comfortable booking it.

Yes. But make sure you include the cost of the hotel room in the total cost of the trip. You will only receive back up to amount insured.

As previous poster stated - cancellation must be one of included reasons for cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am supposing that you would be covered. Just as a point of interest, my travel partner died last December from the effects of agent orange. The insurance covered the full cost of the January cruise. Even though the hotel room for the night before the cruise had been purchased as NON-refundable, as well as the airline tickets with United Airlines, both the hotel and United refunded the charges immediately upon hearing the reason for cancellation. There still are good people and companies in America!