Alaska rail Anchorage to Seward

Bizziecruzer

We have just booked our rail for June next year and the gold class fare now includes full meal service in the price. I thought the price had increased but at least we get something for the extra money:D

Where did you find this information? My reservation for next July says meals are extra. We have the Gold Star service booked on the Coastal Classic from Seward to Anchorage for $175per adult and $101 for a child. Thanks.

Where did you find this information? My reservation for next July says meals are extra. We have the Gold Star service booked on the Coastal Classic from Seward to Anchorage for $175per adult and $101 for a child. Thanks.

Here's the link to their webpage and an excerpt from the page noting meals inclusive:

http://www.alaskatrain.com/service/goldstar-dome.html

"These 78 seat railcars feature large curved glass windows that run the full length of the car, allowing excellent 360 degree viewing. Each Goldstar Dome passenger enjoys a reserved seat in the upper level dome, as well as priority seating in the lower level dining room with all-inclusive meals. The comfortable seats recline, feature fold down tray tables, and all face forward unless you choose to reverse them…"

There's also a menu of what you can choose from on the website somewhere. Enjoy!

It's also on the Alaska Railroad web site, under ONBOARD. (noted as NEW for 2015)

http://www.alaskarailroad.com/travel/Onboard/Dining/tabid/547/Default.aspx

Thank you Mapleleaves. I guess the online reservation confirmation just didn't get updated with that new info yet. I sure would have felt dumb boarding with my Subway sandwiches!:)

it's odd that the info isn't more obvious ..... free food, drinks and 2 'adult' beverages is a pretty nice benefit.

What is the difference between the Alaska railroad coastal classic that leaves at 6:45am and the HAL transfer that leaves at 12:30, is it the same train with dome access? Sorry if a silly ?, our first Alaska cruise!?! :)

Usually book cruise things to ensure we don't get left but since the coastal with dome leaves earlier not much chance of that right!? If they are different rail trips.

Thanks so much for your help!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app