Price of watches on the QM2

babs135

I assume there will be a 'sale' of watches while we are on board the QM2 in December. Does anyone know what makes and prices are likely to be available?

I know it's not always the cheapest, but we have picked up real bargains in the past, although not on Cunard

Don't know about watches but my OH always comments about the Radley bags.

They don't resemble either the current or older models. And they don't look good even to me.

Where they get them from is a mystery.

David.

I had thought that there would be some high-end luxury brands of watches, but was a bit disappointed....No Rolex, Patek-Philippe, Cartier, Breitling, etc.....

top brand was probably Tag-Heuer or Chopard's.....

For that matter, I have never seen any of the high-end brands on any ship...probably not enough demand. The best watch's I have seen in the past were some nice Omega's, but not recently.

I had thought that there would be some high-end luxury brands of watches, but was a bit disappointed....No Rolex, Patek-Philippe, Cartier, Breitling, etc.....

top brand was probably Tag-Heuer or Chopard's.....

For that matter, I have never seen any of the high-end brands on any ship...probably not enough demand. The best watch's I have seen in the past were some nice Omega's, but not recently.

Would be happy with Citizen watches. Got a fantastic price onboard Celebrity a couple of years back and DD is looking for a new watch hence the question.

I bought a citizen Eco watch on board the QM2 and when we got to St Maarten we priced it and they gave us a card with the price. When on board again I showed it to the shop on board and they gave me the shoreside price. It was quite a bit saved. 70 dollars. They do stand behind their policy.

On a recent QM2 12 November westbound, I looked in the Chopard shop. Chopard watches can go up to US$47,100. What they had on board were in the $6,000 to $8,000 range. Less, yes, than same watches shoreside.

On a recent QM2 12 November westbound, I looked in the Chopard shop. Chopard watches can go up to US$47,100. What they had on board were in the $6,000 to $8,000 range. Less, yes, than same watches shoreside.

WOW wadda saving....how many did you purchase ?

Chopard watches are expensive mainly for their added jewelry. They are not coveted by watch collector's for their movements, like Rolex, Patek, et al....

Timex. Under 50USD. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Can't buy them on board, but then again, most people multi-purpose their cell phone, including functioning as a watch.

Expensive watches are passé, or so I have been told. -S.