Looking for quiet ships (or dedicated quiet areas)

chongkwang

Another vote for the small ships of Oceania. The libraries on the 3 smaller ships are comfortable, quiet and well stocked. They also have ocean views.

Count me in for O's R ships with less than 700 passengers and quality food/service/amenities without "breaking the bank."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Cunard ships. I recall some recorded music playing at the aft pool on Queen Victoria but there is no shortage of quiet areas and you don't have to worry about someone spoiling it with their own boom box or a walkie talkie.

The only music in the dining room might be a harp or a string quartet.

Edited by Underwatr

Their motto is "180 Degrees From Ordinary" and it is very fitting.

Windstar looks amazing! I love the idea of cruising on a ship that uses sails. Everything about it is fantastic! My wife would love it as well.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply and go into some detail to describe your experience. It's always beneficial to me to get first hand information. I will definitely look into this cruise line.

Thanks very much!

Windstar looks amazing! I love the idea of cruising on a ship that uses sails. Everything about it is fantastic! My wife would love it as well.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply and go into some detail to describe your experience. It's always beneficial to me to get first hand information. I will definitely look into this cruise line.

Thanks very much!

You are very welcome! Hop on over to the Windstar boards. Very, very friendly bunch (possibly the nicest in all of Cruise Critic!). Lot's of very experienced Windstar cruisers who love to talk about their experiences on their amazing ships.

You are very welcome! Hop on over to the Windstar boards. Very, very friendly bunch (possibly the nicest in all of Cruise Critic!). Lot's of very experienced Windstar cruisers who love to talk about their experiences on their amazing ships.

I'll do that! Thanks again! :)