PICTURE REVIEW – Quantum of the Seas 2 Day Sampler

Kcjarvis

Hello Cruise Critic family, it’s Ken and Paulette – We are Diamond Plus cruise addicts from NYC. With no vacation days left for 2014, we were so happy we could fit the Quantum 2 day sampler weekend cruise into our schedules. I guess we can’t really be mad since this is our 7th cruise of the year and it is aboard the amazing Quantum of the Seas. Fresh off the 100,000 view Oasis Transatlantic review, let’s see how many views this one gets. Since we are New Yorkers (Yawkers – please say it correctly) our commute to Bayonne would be very easy. Plan for the day – pick up Paulette at work at 12pm and head to the port.

Check out the plate holder

15228571134_0541b8e81d_z.jpg

Paulette's office in Trump Tower

15663323808_c94f88fd0e_z.jpg

37 mins to WOW

15664830569_3ecaac566c_z.jpg

Easy ride down the Westside Highway, through the Holland Tunnel and we are there.

15848854621_76f5d27081_z.jpg

There was a 10 min line to park. $19 dollars per day cash or credit.

15848854561_3c7c65b159_z.jpg

Then a quick shuttle bus ride to terminal. New parking garage should be done in February 2015.

15665081217_eaf07aa921_z.jpg

Quickly off of the shuttle bus, we thought the tablet check in people would be right there, but we were directed to go through security and go to one of the check in desks. There was one person in front of us. When we got to the agent she verified our passport numbers, asked us if we had a fever in the last 21 days, asked if had we been to West Africa and finally asked did we have ebola. At that point all 3 of us busted out laughing. She then stamped our set sail passes and directed us to the picture station in front the escalators to the ship. At that station they scanned our set sail passes and said our uploaded pictures where good and we were headed to the gangway. Total time from door to ding - 9 mins!!!!!!!

15663448778_45ff1929c1_z.jpg

15228699554_de15c63960_z.jpg

15850352852_647fdbbd6e_z.jpg

15825143866_dd8fc10878_z.jpg

15231317733_2956a9106e_z.jpg

Since we carried on our own luggage we headed to our cabin to drop off our stuff.

15228699334_a194bf9537_z.jpg

Oooooo! I didn't know you were doing this!! Great so far!! Doubt we'll see one of these ships for a while, although we are booked on the third sailing of the Anthem.....I think we are going to have to cancel that one. Can't wait to see what you two get in to on this ship!

This will be fun, thank you. Your reviews feel like voyeurism because you travel in a style I can only dream about. I love following your reviews because of your detail and your focus on the positive. Love your license plate holder, too! I hope you have a fanatastic time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk

HI Ken and Paulette -

LOVING all your pics and your suite IS amazing. Can you please take a pic of the area of the balcony that wraps around the hump. (I know it is cold outside - thanks). Someone said the divider blocks the view of the wrap around and can only be opened halfway??? If so, this is a little disappointing as we have this cabin at hump - and was hoping for a true wrap around like aft wrap around on other ships. Let us know your thoughts - the rest of the suite looks wonderful. Again - thanks for all your time, and pics - anxious to hear your opinion and hope that this feature is not a real negative. Not trying to be a downer - just hoping the entire divider could be removed. ENJOY!!!!

After exploring the suite we decided to see how bad the North Star lines were. Guess what???? There were only 14 people on line.

>>>>>>>snip>>>>

Great views of NYC!!!!

Love it!! Great pictures! Excellent information, from embarkation, the terminal and gangway, details on North Star! Thank you for posting!!

(PS: Loving the Owners Suite!! Might have to switch our Anthem cabin!!)

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ