Quantum - How Long Before Sailing Do You Have To Book Restaurants...

nycruise

so we can eat dinner at 7PM - 8PM at the restaurants of our choice.

We're thinking of booking a February sailing, which is 10 weeks away but it's my understanding people have been booking restaurant and entertainment reservations since mid October (120 days prior to sailing). So at this point we're leary to book and than find out we can't get reservations to shows and restaurants at the prime times. Since we are within 90 days we wouldn't be able to cancel the cruise without penalty. Seems like a catch 22.

Any suggestions?:confused:

We're thinking of booking a February sailing, which is 10 weeks away but it's my understanding people have been booking restaurant and entertainment reservations since mid October (120 days prior to sailing). So at this point we're leary to book and than find out we can't get reservations to shows and restaurants at the prime times. Since we are within 90 days we wouldn't be able to cancel the cruise without penalty. Seems like a catch 22.

I believe you can call Royal and ask about dining reservations on a specific sailing, before you book.

As has been mentioned in several other threads, you don't need reservations - and as you've noted it's very likely all of the reserevable slots online at those times are gone by now. You either have to trust that something will be available when you get on board (it will be) or don't book.

Biker, who thinks this question will be asked ad nauseum for months to come.:cool:

I booked the Feb. 20 cruise just yesterday and today I confirmed all my dining reservations. I had no trouble getting the times I wanted - mostly between 7pm and 8:15pm. The only restaurant we had trouble with was Izumi but there were plenty of choices for all the others and I was surprised at that. Your sailing may be different but I did not have any trouble. Hope this helps.

We booked the Dec 12 cruise and made show and dinner reservations in mid October. All shows were available at all times (roughly 55-60 days out). Most restaurants were available at most times; but Izumi (small venue) had very limited choices of times.

I went back and checked today (16 days out) and 2 of the 3 Mama Mia and Sonic Odyssey shows were closed and 4 of the 8 Starwater shows were closed. Restaurant choices were more limited; but not that bad.

We have booked Mamma Mia for Day 2 in the afternoon and a couple of restaurants for the first couple of days.

We will then take our chances for the rest of our 8 night cruise that we board on Jan 3rd.

I don't like my cruises to be too regimented.

There will be tables available. They never allow every single table at 7:45 to be pre booked in advance.

We have booked Mamma Mia for Day 2 in the afternoon and a couple of restaurants for the first couple of days.

We will then take our chances for the rest of our 8 night cruise that we board on Jan 3rd.

+1, this should be everyone's plan.

There will be tables available. They never allow every single table at 7:45 to be pre booked in advance.

I dont like to get over regimented either but I got tweets strongly recommending booking all entertainment & dining pre cruise. Just one less thing to be concerned about.

Cheers!

I prefer the "old days" where you didn't need to book anything prior to sailing. Then they started with booking the tours prior to the cruise, now it's also restaurants and entertainment. Doesn't leave much room for spontaneity, we saw that on the NCL Breakaway.

I guess I'd rather book everything in advance and then make changes as the cruise goes along.

Thanks again.