Where to get hair braided?

lishka

Ok..I know this seems like a silly question, but we will be on the Vision next March and my two DD want to get their hair braided. We have been to Cabo, but never to Mazatlan or PV. The girls want to get it done at the last port (PV) so that it "stays nicer longer" :rolleyes:

I know in Cabo there are people strolling the beach wanting to braid hair, but what about in Puerto Vallarta?

The port is at the north end of the north hotel zone. The Krystal Resort is about a block away to the south. You will find the same beach vendors selling their stuff and braiding hair on the beach. Where ever tourist gather, you will find a vendor that will braid hair.

Do a "forum seach" for Krystal and you will find the "short cut" directions how to get there from the dock. You may find somebody to braid hair right at the dock too.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I had my hair braided twice, once in PV, and again in Cabo. These women will walk around calling "Braids Lady?" Look for someone with pictures of what they can do. I noticed that about half of them carry around a little photo album of their creations. I don't speak Spanish so it was easier to just point to what I wanted in a photo album. Also, something I never thought about before, but I got really bad sun burns on the lines between my braids. Use sunscreen on your head if you're going to be in the sun after the braids are in. Also, give yourself enough time to do it before you have to be back on the boat. I have hair down to the middle of my back, it took on average 1 1/2 hours to get the braids in. Hope your girls love theirs as much as I did!!!

<<Also, something I never thought about before, but I got really bad sun burns on the lines between my braids. Use sunscreen on your head if you're going to be in the sun after the braids are in. >>

Yes this happens a lot, be very careful with that, donot forget the sunscreen and/or a hat

We also discovered that once you take the braids out, a lot of hair comes out with it. My DD lost a lot of hair (not noticable) and a lot of it broke (which was slightly noticable). She loved the braids but hated the handfuls of hair that came out -- it really freaked her out.

Archived