World Cruise Port Los Angeles (San Pedro)

cattolica

We are meeting someone getting off their ship on Dec. 21st. There are going to be FOUR ships in port that day and the World Cruise Center can only accomodate THREE ships. The Port Calendar indicates that the Crystal Symphony will be docked at "OH-46". Does anyone know where that might be???? I plan on calling both the port office and Crystal, but thought someone here might know the answer.

Thanks

We are meeting someone getting off their ship on Dec. 21st. There are going to be FOUR ships in port that day and the World Cruise Center can only accomodate THREE ships. The Port Calendar indicates that the Crystal Symphony will be docked at "OH-46". Does anyone know where that might be???? I plan on calling both the port office and Crystal, but thought someone here might know the answer.

Thanks

I found this, not much info.

The new cruise center would be located on Berths 46 to 51 at the extreme west end of the harbor, and while port officials say it's too early to comment on details, one person knowledgeable of the plan said the new terminal could cost at least $50 million and as much as $100 million, with the port footing the bill.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m5072/is_16_29/ai_n19052889

A borrowed picture of the harbor from another thread. It looks like berth 46 is at the bottom near the entrance to the port.

LAharborarea.jpg

Well it appears that might be an interesting day. I also found a reference to a berth 46 at the channel entrance and have presumed that's the place. I wonder how Crystal is going to handle disembarkation and embarkation there. It does not appear that there are any "facilities" there.

Thanks so much for most likely confirming my assumption.

Well it appears that might be an interesting day. I also found a reference to a berth 46 at the channel entrance and have presumed that's the place. I wonder how Crystal is going to handle disembarkation and embarkation there. It does not appear that there are any "facilities" there.

Thanks so much for most likely confirming my assumption.

I posted a map for you that seems to show the berth on the crystal web site.

We had a similar situation when we boarded the Crystal Serenity in Miami last year. We embarked in an area of the terminal that is normally not used for passenger ships and it was easy going.

While Crystal sailed from time to time into and out of this Los Angeles Terminal they don't sail regularly (same for Miami) so when there are more than the normal number of ships in port they will usually utilize another berth that is not used on a routine basis by the passenger ships.

Keith

Thanks for the maps. I was able to view those maps on the ports website. I am from Southern California and have been to the World Cruise Center many times. I was just "assuming" we would be going there on the 21st. Good think I looked into this, I would not like to be surprised that morning when I arrived in San Pedro and then had to figure out where the Syphony was docked. :-) Now I am prepared.

Thanks everyone

Archived