MSC Opera Questions

snowwhitec

Hi... we are sailing on the Opera in Feb... had a couple of questions

1. what time is early dinner

2. are coffee and tea available when buffet on lido closed

3. is pizza available 24 hours or only at specific times

4. when is ice cream available

5. is room service available 24 hours... can you get a late nite snack like a sandwich

any other info would be appreciated.

thanks

snowwhitec

hi snowwhitec,

are you going on the feb 16th cruise? this will be our 1st cruise with msc been with other lines in the past. If no one answers you here so a search, I do remember seeing some of your answers. but i do know that pizza is only available i believe in the afternoon , not 24 hrs.

cheryl

hi snowwhitec,

are you going on the feb 16th cruise? this will be our 1st cruise with msc been with other lines in the past. If no one answers you here so a search, I do remember seeing some of your answers. but i do know that pizza is only available i believe in the afternoon , not 24 hrs.

cheryl

no Cheryl... we are on the 2-5-07 ... but thanks for the reply

I just got off the 11 day southern car. cruise on Opera and I can tell you that the ice cream is only open in the afternnon & they charge for it. They have coffee & tea but its usually outside near the grill. The early dinner is at 6pm & our cruise everyone was on time. I hope that helps you.

Enjoy!!:o

Oh you poor people. Just finished 11 day nightmare of the Opera two days ago.

Early dinner question already answered. 6:00, but trust me, you'll still almost be there at late dinner time. Slow doesn't begin to describe the service.

Coffee & iced tea. Apparently the iced tea is kept under lock and key for most of the day and evening. It's not there at breakfast of at night. Coffee is generally there.

Pizza. About the only edible thing at lunch time. It is one of the few good tasting items. Pizza is available from noon until 5:00 and then again from 6:00 until 9:30. No late night pizza snacks.

Ice cream. They charge for it and it is outside by the pool so it's already melting by the time you are handed the cup or cone. And honestly, doesn't taste good enough to pay for it.

Room service. One of the many "jokes" on the Opera. We called for a chicken club sandwich (I believe that's the only sandwich available) at 11:00 pm. It finally arrived at 11:45. My sister called 3 times for an item and they never did get it. Menu is very limited. Service very slow to non-existent. Sorry. No good news.

Hi oldcop... so sorry you had a bad cruise... I have been on 22 cruises and I think they are what you make of them... I have been on Carnival 12 times, RCI 6 times, Princess and Disney. A Cruise gives you the choice of doing as much or as little as you like. you can participate in the activities or sit by the pool and read or people watch. I am in no way excusing the service or lack of on MSC , but they started in Europe and had been catering to that market... now that they are in the US and have hired new people that are familiar with the us market they have started to make changes (or so i have heard).

As for people being rude... try going to a theme park for vacation... talk about rude.

Any way... I will post when I get back and let you know my experience.

take care all, Snowwhitec

PS. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Archived