Day Pass In Playa Del Carmen

Laszlo

If you're going to stick with a resort for the day, I would just find one in Cozumel. Why spend 2 hours of your day on the vomit comet to and from PDC?

I can't recommend specific AIs on either side but if you're going to make your way to PDC (as we will be doing), there are a ton of other things worth seeing!

Quinta Avenida has a ton of things to eat, drink and buy

Avenida Juarez has more local shopping with far cheaper prices, and taco carts (seriously amazing) and very decent restaurants.

Both are walking distance from the pier.

I know that if you get right off the pier and hang a left, there is a massive resort there. Not sure if it's any good. I'd head over to trip advisor.

There are several beach bars as well as beach clubs along the beach of PDC. We've enjoyed some bars in the evenings while staying in Playacar at an AI but never tried the beach clubs during the day so can't recommend one over another. We're staying in PDC soon and so looked into the clubs and some play EDM all day while others are quieter or more a Latin feel.

But as noted you will find several threads with descriptions on the PDC forum on tripadvisor. If you use the search function just enter "beach clubs" and then sort the results by date for the most relevance.

The Royal is a nice, popular AI by the ferry, not sure if they do day passes but you can e-mail them. And there are some nice clubs right on Cozumel via taxi.