Questions from a Newbie-

*Flower*

Hi Everyone!

I'm on the verge of taking the plunge and booking a cruise... and have some questions.

Do you book directly through Disney or do you go with a travel agent that would offer OBC for booking through them?

If you're looking at cruising within 2 months, would you get your cruise package in time via a travel agent? Which agency would you recommend? Which agent?

Insurance: would you go with the insurance that is offered with the cruise package or would you go with another insurance site?

My boss just approved my vacation request today and I'm ready to ROCK!!!

HELP...

Booking with an agent or direct is a personal decision. Some people like to have an agent help them plan and others want to do everything themselves. How long would it take for an agent to get a package together? While you're discussing it he/she would be looking it up and putting your credit card through to the cruise line. Almost everything is done online. We can not recommend agencies or agents. I would not go with the cruiselines insurance but that's my opinion. You can use your travel agent's recommendation or go to insuremytrip.com i think it is. Once you book come back and check out your roll call here and have a great time.

Going with an agent should have no effect on the timeliness of your documents. DCL allows agents to specify that documents should be mailed to you rather than the agent and it usually happens a couple of weeks before the cruise.

Why not go with an agent, and get that free OBC. Look for an agent that specializes in Disney and Disney cruises, there are a few good ones out there.

I usually take a look at insuremytrip.com for insurance. It's usually cheaper than Disney's insurance, and I can make sure I get coverage for what I need.

One more thing, whether you book yourself or through an agent, make sure you or the agent book your reservation online to take advantage of the extra $25 OBC that Disney offers for doing so.

Going with an agent should have no effect on the timeliness of your documents. DCL allows agents to specify that documents should be mailed to you rather than the agent and it usually happens a couple of weeks before the cruise.

Why not go with an agent, and get that free OBC. Look for an agent that specializes in Disney and Disney cruises, there are a few good ones out there.

I usually take a look at insuremytrip.com for insurance. It's usually cheaper than Disney's insurance, and I can make sure I get coverage for what I need.

If you book through DCL, they are your agent. They are right there if there's a problem. No cell phone's to call anyone, just DCL person's to help you, right there, right now! My opinion, 9 time DCL cruiser, and a re-bboking advocate. Metrowon

Archived