Have things improved?

goldenrod

I have to agree with eliana. We are Seabourn Gold, but have not cruised with them for 18 months because of disappointments over cutbacks in their food service. Currently on Navigator and the food in CR is the best we ever had on Regent (though our one night in Prime 7 was not as stellar). Also, Regent's wine selection appears superior to Seabourn. Service, at least on the Navigator, is also up to Seabourn standards.

I acknowledge your post. Keep in mind that I didn't say "all" Seabourn cruisers. I was referring to Regent posters that recently sailed on Seabourn.

Saying "even Seabourn cruisers" implies they all feel that way. It certainly doesn't imply Regent cheerleaders who have tried Seabourn.

Saying "even Seabourn cruisers" implies they all feel that way. It certainly doesn't imply Regent cheerleaders who have tried Seabourn.

I respectfully think that you are being a bit too picky. Most Seabourn cruisers prefer food on Seabourn -- most Crystal cruisers prefer food on Crystal -- most Silversea cruisers prefer food and Silversea - and, most Regent cruisers prefer food on Regent. This is one reason why we choose the cruise line that we do. IMO, it isn't a big deal that a few posters prefer Regent's food and/or wine. I also assume that most Seabourn cruisers don't even read this board so, IMO, no harm done.

Your last sentence begs one question....... have you sailed on Regent since the new CR menu was debuted? I know that food is subjective but the new menu has some incredible items on it.

Yes, while on the Explorer. Agree, I do like the new CR menu, but was just talking about overall food.

Again it is very subjective and my palate has definitely been improved over the last 10 years. 30+ michelin restaurants will do that to you. So maybe what was incredible 10 years ago would not be so today. Who knows?

IMO the quality of the visiting performers has improved since ownership came under NCLH; this may just be a coincidence but hopeful not.

Now, just need to improve the general quality of lectures, which will hopefully occur when the Smithsonian contract terminates.

IMO the quality of the visiting performers has improved since ownership came under NCLH; this may just be a coincidence but hopeful not.

Now, just need to improve the general quality of lectures, which will hopefully occur when the Smithsonian contract terminates.

Not a coincidence. Regent is now using performers trained by a company used by NCLH (or could be part of the company - not sure). Personally, I don't see much of an improvement but at least the shows are different.

Not a coincidence. Regent is now using performers trained by a company used by NCLH (or could be part of the company - not sure). Personally, I don't see much of an improvement but at least the shows are different.

Sorry, but you mis-read my post.

I was talking about visiting performers, not the production cast i.e. those performers (singers, pianists, comedians etc) who come on board for one or two shows then move on. These appear to be better quality than before Regent became part of NCLH.

Regarding the production cast, I agree with you. Since the production cast was trained in house by NCLH rather than being supplied by JAR we have seen some teams much better than before and some worse. The change of shows is refreshing but again there are some hits and some misses.

• 3 weeks later...