Adventure 9/23 sailing out of San Juan

johnrobert57

So nobody should care about their own issues then? Is that your advice? People can both care about those affected by the hurricanes as well as their own lives. They're not mutually exclusive. Not everyone has unlimited flexibility in their time off work and unlimited funds to reschedule something they've already paid for. This is CRUISE CRITIC where people go to ask question about their cruises and learn the latest information. Not a place to be judged by how much people like you think they care about the needy people in the world.

I agree.

the 9/23 (9/27) cruise has been cancelled and our cruise for the 30th is apparently in question. They will let us know "early next week" which I suppose is Monday-Wednesday. I have to say that in the 15 years we have been cruising, this is the craziest time we have seen. We haven't heard anything from the airlines about delays or cancellation of flights due to the conditions at the airport.

I can't even begin to imagine being a resident of the islands that have been devastated and have so much more uncertainty that I could ever imagine feeling. :(

The following sailing is cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas:September 23

Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we are cancelling our September 23 sailing, which we had postponed to September 27 as a shortened sailing. Your cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days.

The following sailing is cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas:September 23

Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we are cancelling our September 23 sailing, which we had postponed to September 27 as a shortened sailing. Your cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days.

I told you it would never happen.

I am watching carefully, we are on the AOS 10/14 sailing. We were supposed to leave 10/12 and then spend a couple of days after on Vieques but are in limbo for now. We couldn't get any info if we wanted it, most places still don't have power. We are going to just wait and see, we can change our plans at the last minute if we need to.

Adventure OTS is underway. The marinetraffic web site shows she is underway for SJU with this ETA:*2017-09-27 12:00 LT (UTC -4). Presumably, she will drop off PR passengers from last week's cruise. It will be interesting to see what they do with this ship while they try to decide what to do with the near term sailings.

See https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:374485/mmsi:311263000/vessel:ADVENTURE%20OF%20THE%20SEAS/

Adventures of the seas is on her way to San Juan. Ship has dozens of generators, food and water to bring to San Juan. I would imagine they would take some people onboard and bring them to continental US, because I see no real chance of them sailing from San Juan Sept.30th. I would imagine they swich their port to Fort Lauderdale and cruise from there for a while.

. . . I would imagine they would take some people onboard and bring them to continental US, because I see no real chance of them sailing from San Juan Sept.30th . . ..

I agree. Yesterday, the SJU airport only got 10 passenger airplanes in/out. There is a huge backlog of people on PR who want to leave. There is no way they can get a ship full of passengers in/out of SJU at this time. Cruises cannot happen until they get the airport capacity much, much higher.

Adventures of the seas is on her way to San Juan. Ship has dozens of generators, food and water to bring to San Juan. I would imagine they would take some people onboard and bring them to continental US, because I see no real chance of them sailing from San Juan Sept.30th. I would imagine they swich their port to Fort Lauderdale and cruise from there for a while.

A great idea...there's thousands of people trying to leave Puerto Rico right now. But this may also raise 'Jones Act' issues, which states that foreign vessels can't take passengers between two US ports (without a stop in a foreign port).

Maybe they detour to St. Maarten to drop of aid, and qualify as a foreign port? Or maybe the Jones Act doesn't apply if they're not paying passengers? Or perhaps there's a handshake agreement between the US government and RCCL that they won't enforce the Jones Act on this humanitarian mission?

I did read somewhere a couple days ago that some folks in Congress were proposing a temporary waiver of the Jones Act.

A great idea...there's thousands of people trying to leave Puerto Rico right now. But this may also raise 'Jones Act' issues, which states that foreign vessels can't take passengers between two US ports (without a stop in a foreign port).

Maybe they detour to St. Maarten to drop of aid, and qualify as a foreign port? Or maybe the Jones Act doesn't apply if they're not paying passengers? Or perhaps there's a handshake agreement between the US government and RCCL that they won't enforce the Jones Act on this humanitarian mission?

I did read somewhere a couple days ago that some folks in Congress were proposing a temporary waiver of the Jones Act.

The law is called the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) and I believe San Juan is one of the exceptions already in the law.

just got thislogo_hero.png ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

DearGuest:

Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma and Maria on the Caribbean and Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

For your convenience, all changes are outlined below.

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sat

10/7/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

8:30 PM

Sun

10/8/2017

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

Mon

10/9/2017

St. Johns, Antigua

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Tue

10/10/2017

Martinique

Wed

10/11/2017

Castries, St. Lucia

Thu

10/12/2017

Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri

10/13/2017

Cruising

Sat

10/14/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

6:00 AM

We understand that you may feel uncertain about traveling into San Juan. We are working closely with local officials to ensure your arrival is as smooth as possible. If you were planning to fly in the night before, and your original hotel arrangements are not available, you will be able to board the Adventure on October 6 for ease. In addition, we will be providing complimentary transportation from the airport to the ship on boarding and departure day to make your travel to San Juan seamless.

Any pre-paid shore excursions from previous ports of call will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book new shore excursions via our Pre Cruise Planner and once you board.

We are sorry for the impact that the storm has had on your vacation. While not the itinerary or situation that we originally anticipated, we are looking forward to having you onboard and know that you will have a great time!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

DearGuest:

Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma and Maria on the Caribbean and Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sat

10/7/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sun

10/8/2017

Mon

10/9/2017

St. Johns, Antigua

Tue

10/10/2017

Martinique

Wed

10/11/2017

Castries, St. Lucia

Thu

10/12/2017

Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri

10/13/2017

Cruising

Sat

10/14/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We understand that you may feel uncertain about traveling into San Juan. We are working closely with local officials to ensure your arrival is as smooth as possible. If you were planning to fly in the night before, and your original hotel arrangements are not available, you will be able to board the Adventure on October 6 for ease. In addition, we will be providing complimentary transportation from the airport to the ship on boarding and departure day to make your travel to San Juan seamless.

Any pre-paid shore excursions from previous ports of call will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book new shore excursions via our Pre Cruise Planner and once you board.

We are sorry for the impact that the storm has had on your vacation. While not the itinerary or situation that we originally anticipated, we are looking forward to having you onboard and know that you will have a great time!

Sincerely,

Are you booked direct with Royal or through a TA?

I don't agree with this article. The American taxpayer is going to spend billions of dollars to support PR over the next decade. We can at least give the shipping jobs to the American workers that are expected to pay the taxes. Otherwise, all those Americans employed by Crowley, Tote, and APL shipping companies will lose their jobs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

2 mins ·

Weather & Itinerary Update

September 25, 2017 @ 11 AM EDT

Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors in San Juan and the other affected islands as they rebuild after Hurricanes Irma and Maria.

The following sailing is being cancelled:

Adventure of the Seas: September 30

Given the impact of Hurricane Maria, we are cancelling this cruise to utilize the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts. The ship will arrive on Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan on October 6 to prepare for the October 7th cruise.

We are very sorry for the impact this storm has had on your vacation. The cruise fare and fees will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Pre-booked shore excursions will also be refunded to your original form of payment.

Future itineraries:

Given Hurricane Irma’s impact to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, as well as Hurricane Maria’s impact to San Juan, we are altering the following ports for future sailings until these islands have fully recovered.

As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back to normal operations, we will continue to communicate any port changes approximately four weeks prior to departure.

Adventure of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Croix to Martinique

10/14 – St. Croix to Antigua

Allure of the Seas:

10/1 – St. Thomas & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/15 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya

Enchantment of the Seas:

10/2 & 10/9 – Freeport back to Key West

Harmony of the Seas:

10/7 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/21 – St. Thomas, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

Serenade of the Seas:

10/20 – St. Thomas & St. Maarten to St. Kitts & Antigua

Oasis of the Seas:

10/8 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya

10/22 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Nassau & Falmouth

DearGuest:

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sat

10/7/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sun

10/8/2017

Mon

10/9/2017

St. Johns, Antigua

Tue

10/10/2017

Martinique

Wed

10/11/2017

Castries, St. Lucia

Thu

10/12/2017

Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri

10/13/2017

Cruising

Sat

10/14/2017

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10/14 sailing on AoS is also going to St John's, Antigua instead of St Croix. No surprise. We decided to cancel our hotel on 10/13 and fly in the day of 10/14.