Guaranteed Room Assignment

snoope

We booked and paid in full a deluxe superior balcony on Oasis. As a first time cruiser, the slightly bigger balcony seemed appealing. A few weeks ago, Royal called and offered us a room upgrade because they needed our room. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite Guarantee. They sold it as "you will at least get a JS, maybe better." That sounded great. Now we are about two weeks away from sailing and we still don't have a room assigned. I also see online that there are no suites available on our sailing except for an Aquatheatre. They obviously wouldn't give us that. So I am wondering, if we should be concerned about what we are going to get. I am worried we may be downgraded (I read a couple of horror stories). Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked and paid in full a deluxe superior balcony on Oasis. As a first time cruiser, the slightly bigger balcony seemed appealing. A few weeks ago, Royal called and offered us a room upgrade because they needed our room. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite Guarantee. They sold it as "you will at least get a JS, maybe better." That sounded great. Now we are about two weeks away from sailing and we still don't have a room assigned. I also see online that there are no suites available on our sailing except for an Aquatheatre. They obviously wouldn't give us that. So I am wondering, if we should be concerned about what we are going to get. I am worried we may be downgraded (I read a couple of horror stories). Thoughts?

I would not be worried. Just because you don't see suites available does not mean you cannot get a suite.

Have you called and asked them about your room assignment? There are currently two crown loft suites available for your sailing. If I had to guess, I would expect that they'll upgrade people from other suites to that and then put you in the Junior Suite or higher. I would not expect you to get anything lower than a junior suite since they needed your original cabin. Not to say that could never happen, but I don't think it will.

Since my usual vacation in the Keys for November is toast...(poor people down there that took the hit including my sister)...we booked

last minute (after final payment date) for 11/26 Oasis cruise. I never book that late, and indeed nothing available for my usual choice of a JS cabin....so I booked the JS guarantee. Paid for in full, did my online check in, but still waiting to see where our "home for the week" will be located. Nothing yet as of this morning.

Guessing there will be a lot of juggling of cabins, upgrades (free or paid) in the next few weeks. Then we get whatever

is left over. ;)

Will come back later and post where we ended up.

Have you called and asked them about your room assignment? There are currently two crown loft suites available for your sailing. If I had to guess, I would expect that they'll upgrade people from other suites to that and then put you in the Junior Suite or higher. I would not expect you to get anything lower than a junior suite since they needed your original cabin. Not to say that could never happen, but I don't think it will.

Having paid for a JS "guarantee"...that would indeed not make sense to call it that if it was not guaranteed.

Normally I would agree with you. However, there have been too many posts here about being bumped lately for me to be 100% confident in that answer.

Wow...that's not good and no way to run a business I should think. Why call it a "guarantee"...if it is not guaranteed? Guess they should really call it "keep your fingers crossed..crap shoot, grab bag blind booking". :eek:

I hope I don't have to go all nasty with RCI if I paid for a JS and end up with a lesser priced regular balcony. :o

Thanks for the heads up and will be interesting to see what happens.

Normally I would agree with you. However, there have been too many posts here about being bumped lately for me to be 100% confident in that answer.

That may have been talk about being bumped, but I can only recall one person who actually reported being bumped.

We just moved from a Promenade Room on Navigator to a Balcony Guarantee on Sunday and had our room assigned yesterday. We have booked guarantees in the past where they weren't assigned until a couple days out, so bottom line there is no set time you'll get it. If you booked a suite guarantee, that's what you'll get. I personally have never heard of people booking a suite guarantee and getting a balcony. Just be patient and keep checking your reservation, it'll show up eventually.

Nothing yet for cabin assignment for me as of this morning....but it could possibly not happen all the way up to cruise

day. It is what it is I guess...just can't print luggage tags until then.

Noticed on my cruise that the JS guarantee is not even offered any longer now.

I did this once. First, you can't see any available, because if they have multiple guarantees, they will sell them until they run out, even if the room is not assigned. Secondly, I was given the owners suite. It was a shock, Would never expect it but it happened.

So be patient, wait, and maybe be surprised.

I did this once. First, you can't see any available, because if they have multiple guarantees, they will sell them until they run out, even if the room is not assigned. Secondly, I was given the owners suite. It was a shock, Would never expect it but it happened.

So be patient, wait, and maybe be surprised.

I like dreaming of a surprise upgrade...but not expecting it by any means. Scenario that makes sense to me will be the shuffling around of pax in current JS cabins, both paid or free upgrades. Then they will fill in those JS cabins with the guarantee pax is what I am expecting...at the very least I will get a JS cabin somewhere anyway and will be happy with whatever and where ever it is. :)

And congrats on getting the OS cabin!! That is one very, very Sweet Suite!! :D

Edited by island lady

I don't want to hijack the thread but I'm worried about the location being so far forward and close to the elevators and stairs. If you have any experience with the room I'd love to hear about it.

We've been in that stateroom and others in the same area. I don't normally like deck 10 staterooms on that ship, because of the possibility of noise from the pool deck directly above. However, the area around the forward centrum has not given us much trouble, and we enjoy being near the elevators/stairs. We hear no noise from the elevator lobby area.