tv on board

Will these channels be real-time or several hours late news?

I wish they had something fun like the comedy channel or something?

I know...I am a weirdo that is asking about tv on a cruise lol. I love me some tv. It is part of my relaxation.

Will these channels be real-time or several hours late news?

I wish they had something fun like the comedy channel or something?

I know...I am a weirdo that is asking about tv on a cruise lol. I love me some tv. It is part of my relaxation.

Real time as far as I can tell, straight from a satellite.

over, and over, and over:rolleyes:

And, if you do a b2b you get to see them over and over and over again!!

Also TCM, and movies in 5 different languages.

Oh be still my heart how could I forget...........and none of them are in English!!!:(

Real time as far as I can tell, straight from a satellite.

That's "IF" and how "GOOD" the satellite reception is. Watching Game 6 of the NBA finals on our way from Cape Liberty to Bermuda was torture. The connection was so bad and intermittent on Sunday evening that you would see a shot being made and then you got the infamous "poor signal".:eek:

And, if you do a b2b you get to see them over and over and over again!!

Oh be still my heart how could I forget...........and none of them are in English!!!:(

You had to remind me......Big Bang Theory in French and German......(the same episode every night) a really strange fashion channel with nothing but ads.....the only English speaking news channel was Al Jazeera.....and many many many channels RCL related...(cruise out of Singapore)

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I am a news junkie and each time we sail they have less and less availability!

Last years cruise had more reruns of Forensic Files that any one person should have to endure!

Guess we could bring our own dish next time!:)

They often have Fox News and MSNBC. So you get extreme views from both the left and the right!

I haven't seen Fox News on a Royal ship for at least a year, maybe two.

Edited by clarea

We had the same episode of Parks and Recreation {and some sitcoms} shown every day for 14 days straight. The teens knew the dialogue word for word by the end of the cruise.

Hah! That's funny!

Do they have DVD players in the rooms? Maybe we'll bring some movies we haven't had a chance to see yet.

Last time we sailed Royal there really was not any kind of regular programs we watch at home. Is that still the case?

Nothing live, unless it's a major sports event. Reruns of some old programming on TMC. Reruns of Big Bang Theory in several different languages.

On both our Australian cruises during December, the cricket (Boxing Day Test) was shown on the big screen by the pool and in our cabins on the day we left Sydney (Voyager) and the day before we returned to Sydney (Rhapsody).

We had Northern Territory programs and news as we left Sydney and headed for Fiji. Then a loop of repetitive programming until we reached New Zealand. Whilst in New Zealand waters, we got one of their local channels for a bit of normal programming then it was back to the repetitive loop until we reached the Australian coastline.

Edited by aussielozzie18

I haven't seen Fox News on a Royal ship for at least a year, maybe two.

For which I am eternally grateful. During the last Presidential election Fox seemed to be all that we saw while onboard.