Upset by P & O!!!

tps

Would any of you kind folks be able to let me know the e-mail for Christopher Edginton please. I've had a very up setting experience this morning with P & O. I paid my final balance on Saturday to them by debit card then this morning I had a phone call from my bank to say I'm £600 overdrawn because P & O have taken the balance again. I've never been overdrawn therefore I have no overdraft facility. I've spoken to P & O who have admitted that it was an error on their part. They're going to contact my bank to let them know but it could take 48hrs to sort resulting in me being overdrawn with no money for that period of time and incurring overdrawn charges because of their error which they have admitted to. I feel that the powers that be need to be made aware of this.

I have to confess this happened to me a few weeks ago - fortunately I checked my bank statement on-line shortly after the transaction. A quick call to P&O sorted it out and my account credited accordingly. Ummmm I thought this was a one-off! The email address you require is: christopher.edgington@carnivalukgroup.com

111 P&O cruises - 12 in the pipeline

christopher.edgington@carnivalukgroup.com. I've sent an e-mail to this address but it's been sent back as person unknown!!!:confused::confused:

Try this:

christopher.edgington@pocruises.com

we used this and certainly didn't have it bounced, we were only sending him a thank you letter for our free hamper which we received following the problems we had on X508 earlier this year.

Address provided on crowsnestonline site

Edited by silver surfer 2010

And don't forget to check your credit reference (Experian, Noddle etc.) hasn't been affected. That can be a real pain if errors have been made.

Steve

Edited by Ranchi

OK, so obviously it shouldn't have happened but I don't doubt that P&O will cover the costs you have incurred and hopefully offer you something by way of apology but to think that it will affect your credit history is getting carried away a bit.

If you had arranged to pay automatically and then paid a few days early then this may be where the problem occurred. Did you check this when you paid?

In any event, it will get sorted out and I do hope you don't let it affect your holiday.

OK, so obviously it shouldn't have happened but I don't doubt that P&O will cover the costs you have incurred and hopefully offer you something by way of apology but to think that it will affect your credit history is getting carried away a bit.

If you had arranged to pay automatically and then paid a few days early then this may be where the problem occurred. Did you check this when you paid?

In any event, it will get sorted out and I do hope you don't let it affect your holiday.

I hadn't arranged to pay automatically but I did pay early which I wouldn't have thought would cause these types of problems; paying late, then yes, maybe. It won't affect my holiday because I won't allow it to.

If you have NO overdraft facility then is your bank at fault for accepting the request?

I don't have a overdraft and my bank will not honour any payment that puts me in the red.

But someone is responsible for the fees you've had..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

I had my on board account on Ventura charged twice. That was on a credit card so sorted out before I had to pay. CC would be a good way to pay balance if it wasn't for the extra charge.

Robin

Totally agree,

We always use a CC onboard and no CC fee, but why is there 2% CC fee on booking or balance payments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think, if you do get overdraft charges, P&O would pay them or add them to your on board allowance, once they know they are at fault. Be interested what the outcome is.

Keith (Southend)

So would I. As others have said, they should reimburse all charges incurred as a result of their error but if they substantial it is likely they would ask for some sort of evidence ie copy of bank statement. They should not however reimburse you through increasing your OBC (unless that's what you want them to do) as the error is is a processing one.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you've had all this stress [emoji45] I think that P&O will pay any costs you have incurred due to their error. I would be inclined to put something in writing explaining the anxiety the situation has caused and details of any financial hardship you have suffered in the period between the error being made and your account being restored. I hope it gets sorted quickly.

Seems to me that P&O have a glitch in their system because this also happened to me about three weeks ago. Mistake was rectified by P&O within 24 hours without my intervention, but I was a little concerned at the time. My bank did assure me that no charges would be incurred by me and they weren't. Luckily I do have an arranged overdraft facility which would have been useful on this occasion, but odd enough when I checked my statement a day or so later nothing untoward seemed to have shown up. However I do know that it was showing a substantial overdraft at the time the incident occurred and I did appear to have paid for my cruise twice. Very strange, need sorting out.