Limes?????

BIG GUY

Anyone just off a cruise notice if Carnival is still cutting back on limes? I know there is a major shortage with limes going for up to $1 each in NY. I read a few weeks ago most cruise lines were not offering limes in their guests drinks. Being a big Carona drinker I am worried as we are on the Paradise next week. We might have to smuggle a few in our luggage! Lol

[quote name='BIG GUY']Anyone just off a cruise notice if Carnival is still cutting back on limes? I know there is a major shortage with limes going for up to $1 each in NY. I read a few weeks ago most cruise lines were not offering limes in their guests drinks. Being a big Carona drinker I am worried as we are on the Paradise next week. We might have to smuggle a few in our luggage! Lol[/QUOTE]

Limes have started coming down in price here in Oklahoma, they are being sourced from a different place. From what I've read, limes are only being served by request as a garnishment.

BTW.....on all of my cruises last year they wouldn't serve a lime with a Carona unless it was poured into a glass. The recycle program prevents them from disposing of food and glass in the same bin.

I know. The only way to get a lime in your Carona bottle is if you get them on Lido in the plastic bottles. I always ask for these and it usually takes a couple of bucks tip for the bartender to go in the back to get them out of storage. Carnival usually runs a promotion on the last sea day with the plastic Carona bottles ( free hat or t shirt for buying abucket).
Once the bartender realizes I know they have them they usually give them up. It's funny when they tell us they don't have them on the ship and I point out the box of them behind the bar. It happens every cruise.

Since just last weekend in several restaurants and bars, I noticed that they are back to normal with the limes. I haven't paid attention in the supermarkets if the prices have dropped below what they were.

[quote name='BIG GUY']Anyone just off a cruise notice if Carnival is still cutting back on limes? I know there is a major shortage with limes going for up to $1 each in NY. I read a few weeks ago most cruise lines were not offering limes in their guests drinks. Being a big Carona drinker I am worried as we are on the Paradise next week. We might have to smuggle a few in our luggage! Lol[/QUOTE]

On the Sunshine 5/2-5/10 I had lime garnish in every Margarita. Limes were also on the Blueiguana Cantina condiments bar.;)

I would bring my own if I were you. I just got off the Sensation 10 days ago and had to drink Gin and Tonics with lemon. It sucked! :mad:

BTW, I just bought limes at my local supermarket 2 for $1.00.

No Limes You! One Year! Just teasing lol...

Bartenders had limes on the Fascination May 3rd-10th. They defaulted to lemons but were happy to do limes if asked.

Especially "Tommy" in the Hollywood Bar, deck 9 aft. Great guy, always singing happily, caught your name the first time.

[quote name='Smart Arsenal Fan']Maybe getting back to normal....
Here in Miami, a few weeks ago selling 3 for $1.99... :eek:

last Sunday, 5 for $1.00 :)[/QUOTE]

That is what I am saying as well. 5 for a $1 at my store in Houston. What shortage?

On Miracle in Alaska May 13th through 20th, I got limes everytime with every single ultimate margarita that I ordered - without asking for them. Maybe they don't put them in a Carona, but I do know that they always put them in a Corona. Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

[quote name='penguin85']We were on the Pride and did not get any limes until the 2nd day. We asked again after seeing them on a drink while at the Steakhouse.[/QUOTE]

We just got off the Pride on Sunday and had no problem getting limes all week. Husband drinks rum and cokes with lime, we both drink khalua and club with lime and Corona with limes. Only once did the waiter have to check and see if they had any and I guess they did cause it was in the beer when it came. I had heard that there was a lime shortage before we boarded but I guess they had enough of them.

Limes were available on the Paradise in April.

Interesting story I read about limes and bottled beer. Originally, the lime was provided to rub around the rim of the bottle to keep flies away not as something to put in the bottle.

I always order my cervezas with 'no' lime. To me it detracts from the taste. :)

[quote name='lizjoemom']We just got off the Pride on Sunday and had no problem getting limes all week. Husband drinks rum and cokes with lime, we both drink khalua and club with lime and Corona with limes. Only once did the waiter have to check and see if they had any and I guess they did cause it was in the beer when it came. I had heard that there was a lime shortage before we boarded but I guess they had enough of them.[/QUOTE]
We were on Splendor 5/12-5/20 and there were NO LIMES at any of the places I usually steal them from! :o:p I ordered a mojito and there was one very small slice of lime and the rest lemon in the glass. Still tasted good! ;)
Kahlua and club with lime??? Never heard of the concoction and doesn't sound all that great!! :confused::eek: