Hotwire Boston Hotel?

I am Lulu

I was looking at Hotwire for a hotel in Boston. I've never used Hotwire before, and I've never been to Boston either.... I'm a bit intemidated. I'm looking for a hotel for one post cruise night in the range of $100. to $200.. We want to take the Duck tour, plus enjoy all that we can. In "what area of Boston" should I be looking for a Hotel. We'll need to get from the ship port to the Hotel, and then the next afternoon, get to the airport by 3:30pm.

I've not done Hotwire before, but I have done Priceline before.

First check biddingfortravel.com Scroll down to Boston. The first thread will tell you the usual winning hotels and what area they are in. Then the other threads are posts of winning bids that people have won.

Once I decide what area I want to bid on, then I look at what those hotels are charging for the night I want.

There are several hotel areas for Boston on Priceline. I primarily like either downtown financial district or airport. I like financial district, but can't afford it. Last time we won the 4 star Hilton at the airport for 80 or 85 dollars I think. Then we just took the free hotel shuttle over to the Hyatt and got in the water taxi there and took it over to Long Wharf.

On Long Wharf, we had lunch at Legal Seafood, and got on the Old Town Trolley nearby. The aquarium is right there also. I'm not sure where the duck tour starts.

Others swear by being right downtown, which is also very nice, but it costs more. Good luck on your bidding.

PS: I'm going back to Boston. What I did was get a fully cancellable reservation at Embassy Suites at the airport. And then I'm going to try my luck bidding when it gets closer to time for our trip.

We've also stayed pre-cruise at the Seaport Hotel and it was very nice.

PS: I'm going back to Boston. What I did was get a fully cancellable reservation at Embassy Suites at the airport. And then I'm going to try my luck bidding when it gets closer to time for our trip.

We've also stayed pre-cruise at the Seaport Hotel and it was very nice.

I have reservations for Embassy Suites at the airport in October and am wondering if they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I thought they did but just checked out their website and they only mention a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. Should I call and make sure?

I think you're reading their web site too literally. If they have an airport shuttle, it will take you both too and from the airport.

I think you will be very happy with the hotel even If something else doesn't show up on Hotwire or Priceline. The hotel shuttle will drop you at the nearby T station where is is a quick 1 or 2 stops to the Quincy Market area. If you bid the Back Bay area for example, you will pay more in cab fare to get there and back to the port. From Embassy Suites you have a manageable T option to the port using the Silver Line from the airport for $2/pp. They also give you a free breakfast. All those savings can add up - probably worth $75+.

I think you're reading their web site too literally. If they have an airport shuttle, it will take you both too and from the airport.

I think you will be very happy with the hotel even If something else doesn't show up on Hotwire or Priceline. The hotel shuttle will drop you at the nearby T station where is is a quick 1 or 2 stops to the Quincy Market area. If you bid the Back Bay area for example, you will pay more in cab fare to get there and back to the port. From Embassy Suites you have a manageable T option to the port using the Silver Line from the airport for $2/pp. They also give you a free breakfast. All those savings can add up - probably worth $75+.

Thanks for your response. I feel better now about the Embassy Suites. I have always liked to stay there because of the breakfast and the cocktail hour. Don't think I will look further.

Archived