Did your sprint cell have reception in belize,cozumel, grand cayman and Isle Roatan?

Michelle M

We will be in Belize, Grand Caymen, Cozumel and Isle Roatan and now have Sprint cell service. A sprint rep said there will be no service at those locations as they do not have sim cards as we did with AT&T.

Is this true, she suggested we log onto QIK(?) to pick up free Wi-fi at the various locations in port? How about on the ship??

Anybody travel to those ports with Sprint phones who can offer advise?

thank you:)

Michelle

Naples Florida

I have an HTC with sprint and have international plan. Was in Grand Cayman and Cozumel week before last and was able to use phone. Also sent text from locations and from the ship. Text messages much cheaper than phone calls and worked very well.

I have an HTC with sprint and have international plan. Was in Grand Cayman and Cozumel week before last and was able to use phone. Also sent text from locations and from the ship. Text messages much cheaper than phone calls and worked very well.

Great, my husband has an HTC with spring. Do you remember what the cost per minute was on Cozumel or Grand Cayman? Also how much did each text cost?:confused:

I think we will be texting more often.

Thank you!

Michelle

Naples Florida

Call Sprint before you leave and they do something on their end to fix it where you will have service. I have used my HTC Hero in Grand Cayman and Mexico with no problems. The international plan can be added and is about $4.00 per month. Data service is extra.

I think it was 50 cents to send a text and about 15 cents to receive. When we were close to each country I would receive a text from Sprint telling me how to make calls, the cost and what the cost for text were.

I think it was 50 cents to send a text and about 15 cents to receive. When we were close to each country I would receive a text from Sprint telling me how to make calls, the cost and what the cost for text were.

I had Nextel before sprint bought them and used my direct connect to talk to family and friends from the ship every time I was in Coz. No extra charge either.

Thanks all!;) I am happy to know texts aren't that expensive, especially on the receiving end.

Michelle:p

Naples Florida

Not sure if this will apply to you or not.....But DH and I both had HTC in 2007 in Cancun and YES, our Sprint service worked, but everything was in SPANISH! (There was some sort of welcome message and certain buttons you had to push on the phone - we never could figure it out!) It was very difficult to even check voicemail!

Just something you may want to ask when you talk to Sprint....

Archived