Cruise Documentation

New to Royal Caribbean. Sailing in GS on August 9th. I can print off my SetSail pass today but says cruise documentation is not ready. What is the difference between the two and Cruise Documentation where it will give me the option to order luggage tags since we are in a GS? Thanks.

Jill

New to Royal Caribbean. Sailing in GS on August 9th. I can print off my SetSail pass today but says cruise documentation is not ready. What is the difference between the two and Cruise Documentation where it will give me the option to order luggage tags since we are in a GS? Thanks.

Jill

You will usually get cruise docs (and the ability to order and print luggage tags) at 49 days before the cruise.

Bob beat me to the timing answer. The difference between the two documents is the SetSail pass is basically your boarding pass that you sign and hand to the agent at check-in. The cruise docs is a voluminous document which shows all the nitty gritty details of your cruise (plus the trip insurance, if you purchased through RCI) and a one page at the very end of your luggage tag. Most people just save a copy of the cruise documents to their computer (without printing) and print off several copies of the luggage tag for their baggage.

You will usually get cruise docs (and the ability to order and print luggage tags) at 49 days before the cruise.

And that's my self-imposed threshold for starting to get excited about an upcoming cruise.

I keep copies of my Reservation document and Cruise Docs in a dropbox folder and make sure I download them to all my mobile devices prior to boarding so I have "hard copies" with me at all times without internet access.

We are 34 days from sailing and still no documents with luggage tag to print or order. From what I read it is because our air is booked through ChoiceAir.

Correct, having Choice Air can delay docs. I think we got our docs at 29 days once when we had Choice Air.

• 2 weeks later...

So what documents do I show up to the pier with? It will be me, my wife, and our two children. All four passengers have the same last name, we are sailing on a closed loop cruise out of Galveston, are U.S. citizens, and we all have passports. Soooo... put luggage tags on the bags, have passports and Set Sail passes to hand, and that should be it?

So what documents do I show up to the pier with? It will be me, my wife, and our two children. All four passengers have the same last name, we are sailing on a closed loop cruise out of Galveston, are U.S. citizens, and we all have passports. Soooo... put luggage tags on the bags, have passports and Set Sail passes to hand, and that should be it?

That's all you should need to travel.

If you used have special rate (residency, military, law enforcement), then you might be asked to show proof of eligibility. Credit card if that's the option you want for paying the onboard account.