SeaDream vs. Windstar or Oceania

Mike2131

We are looking at a honeymoon cruise in the Fall of 2005 and want a relaxed atmosphere (read no formal wear). Since we have not cruised with any of the lines listed above, I would appreciate any insights.

Thanks!

Mike

05/96 Horizon

11/97 Dawn Princess

08/03 Summit

12/04 Coral Princess

The difference would be pampered elegance on SD. All are nice cruises...also the itinery would come into play. For a "special" experience..you just can't get better than SD. Congratulations and have a great life together!

Thanks very much. The posts on SeaDream appear to be very positive. Itineraries for both vessels appear interesting, and we would probably combine the cruise with a pre or post hotel stay.

Thanks again!

Mike

We haven't sailed SD yet, but hope to sometime in the future. From what I have read though, SD is all inclusive including drinks and tips, better food, better service, and is much more intimate. So if you can afford it, go SD. I am sure that the others are good lines as well, just not quite in the same league.

Dear Mike,

The above posts are correct. SeaDream is in a class by itself. It is actually rated "utterly exclusive" along with one other cruise line.

A word of caution though....it will be very hard to turn back to the mass market lines. You will be spoiled forever.

Enjoy the "anything is possible" mentality that SD provides.

Lisa

We haven't sailed SD yet, but hope to sometime in the future. From what I have read though, SD is all inclusive including drinks and tips, better food, better service, and is much more intimate. So if you can afford it, go SD. I am sure that the others are good lines as well, just not quite in the same league.

Hi!

Thanks for the insight. We first considered one of the new Silversea vessels (the London to Boston Transatlantic looks like a nice itinerary), but I understand it is more formal.

Thanks again.

Mike

Dear Mike,

The above posts are correct. SeaDream is in a class by itself. It is actually rated "utterly exclusive" along with one other cruise line.

A word of caution though....it will be very hard to turn back to the mass market lines. You will be spoiled forever.

Enjoy the "anything is possible" mentality that SD provides.

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

A week of being totally spoiled sounds pretty good!

Thanks again!

Mike

Hi!

Thanks for the insight. We first considered one of the new Silversea vessels (the London to Boston Transatlantic looks like a nice itinerary), but I understand it is more formal.

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike, we have sailed on Silversea and they are more formal then Sea Dream (but then most cruises are), but we enjoyed it immensely even though we aren't formal folks!!! However, you would find it only to be formal on 3 nights on a TA cruise and the rest of the time, no different than SD. I wouldn't worry about that. Some people have the wrong idea about some cruiselines and those that sail on them that they might be stuffy, and we did not find that to be true at all. Choose which itinerary works best for you and you can't lose either way. Just enjoy. They are right though, once you try it, it will be difficult to go back to a mass market cruise.

Don

Mike, we have sailed on Silversea and they are more formal then Sea Dream (but then most cruises are), but we enjoyed it immensely even though we aren't formal folks!!! However, you would find it only to be formal on 3 nights on a TA cruise and the rest of the time, no different than SD. I wouldn't worry about that. Some people have the wrong idea about some cruiselines and those that sail on them that they might be stuffy, and we did not find that to be true at all. Choose which itinerary works best for you and you can't lose either way. Just enjoy. They are right though, once you try it, it will be difficult to go back to a mass market cruise.

Don

Hi Don!

Thanks again. I agree about the itinerary. We selected the Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess for that very reason.

Mike

Hi Mike:

If you do want to do Sea Dream in the future, dont wait. We returned from the SD II on Dec. 12 and immediately booked March 20 on SD I. Friends from Holland we met on board are having difficulty booking in the Med this summer. The first 2 itineraries they wanted are sold out. Sea Dream is rapidly becoming a "hot ticket". For good reason too. They actually deliver more than they advertise. With only two ships carrying a max of approximately 100, it is easy to see that sell outs will be more and more frequent. Hope they have new ships planned. In any case, hope your trip is great and maybe we will see you on SD some day.

Happy Sails

Jim Avery

Archived