Kusadasi - Ephesus on your own.

nigkar

• 2 weeks later...
Guided Tours are a great option. I used an iPhone app in addition to a book we got at the site and did not feel that we missed anything. However, I had studied the history of Ephesus and knew what I was walking into. I prefer to go at my own pace so a guide would not have been for me, but if you do prefer one, they are all over the top of the site by the entrance and you can easily find one at the last minute if you are not able to reserve one before hand. Even if it is just your family, you can negotiate a price that you are comfortable with.

which app pls?

Well all the travel tips say to pay with credit card in local currency OR in local currency itself....Not to have credit card paid in USD, and to pay in Euros for Turkish lira charge sounds like a good way to get ripped off. Just want to keep it simple.

Then you should certainly follow those "travel tips" and ignore many of us who have been to Turkey and Kusadasi many times :).

Hank

Then you should certainly follow those "travel tips" and ignore many of us who have been to Turkey and Kusadasi many times :).

Hank

Wow, lighten up Francis....I'm having a conversation and just stating what I read, NOT saying that I was going to ignore any advice on this forum....I am on this forum to gain more knowledge as a matter of fact. As a newbie I would never assume my way is the right way. Hank I'm sorry your reading comprehension is a little off.

Yes; not many but there are a few, as evidenced by this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2387399

Thank you. I guess I could ask on the HAL board , but do you know if they are still stopping there ? Of course we don't cruise there until May.

Also l would like to thank you for all the great info you share. :D

Thank you. I guess I could ask on the HAL board , but do you know if they are still stopping there ? Of course we don't cruise there until May.

Also l would like to thank you for all the great info you share. :D

According to the most recent article I could find on Cruise Critic (see link below), HAL has cancelled ALL calls to Turkey for the remainder of this year -- granted, the season is nearly over now.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7204

There's no word on whether they have made any changes yet to their 2017 itineraries. They may be taking a "wait and see" attitude. It might be useful to post on the HAL board to see if anyone else on a 2017 cruise has gotten notice of any itinerary changes in regards to Turkish ports.

• 1 month later...

I suggest you a guided tour for a comfortable Ephesus tour. Because the walking distance is long from city bus stops to the Ephesus. It can be torment for you if you prefer the city busses. Me and my family visited Kusadasi/Ephesus and used one of the local companies and it was really amazing. If you are looking for budget tour for this port, I can recommend you Shared tours of Celsus Travel. We booked that tour, it was a group tour but the quality was like a private tour. Feel free for contact with them. ;);)