Lisbon for 20's/Young Group??!!

TLCOhio

From the New York Times Travel Section this week, they have this headline: "20 places to travel in your 20s" with these opening/set-up highlights: "There’s no better way to change your perception of the world — and maybe yourself — than travel. You’ll experience different cultures, meet new friends and make lifelong memories. But traveling poses challenges: financial constraints, limited time off. So think of this selection as a checklist and starter kit to world travel."

One top suggestion was for: "Lisbon is an utterly charming city, both youthful and ancient. Neighborhoods to visit include colorful Bairro Alto, Alfama and Intendente. Also consider a side-trip to Sintra, a storybook village nestled in the hills with a castle and not one but two alluring palaces."

It's been a long time since I have been in my 20's, but I started out in December 1970 doing a month-long, six-country Eurorail adventure with a college roommate for doing a large segment of Europe highlights. That initial international trip helped to launch my interests for exploring and history/culture learning at an early age. We have done twenty-two difference countries in Europe, but Lisbon and Portugal are still very high on our to-do, must-see priority lists. Agree that we must see this historic and charming part of the world?

These NY Times writers only had twenty slots from all of the world to fill. What other Europe or world sites/stars should they have mentioned for those in their 20's to see and experience? Other opinions, reactions and viewpoints to share?

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/travel/places-to-travel-in-your-20s.html?_r=0

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 218,038 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474