Dubrovnik cable car and cabriobus tour

Ine

We intend to take to cab to the cablecar in Dubrovnik from the port. Which is the closest stop of the cabriobus and how far away is this?

I assume we can buy tickets for this bus at any stop?

Thanks.

We intend to take to cab to the cablecar in Dubrovnik from the port. Which is the closest stop of the cabriobus and how far away is this?

I assume we can buy tickets for this bus at any stop?

Thanks.

No, please do not assume, you cannot buy tickets for Cabrio at any bus stop. You pay on board, the tour guide will collect. I strongly suggest you have cash, 60 Kunas per person. The closest pick up point for Cabrio is at Pile, which is the main entrance to the old town.

http://libertasdubrovnik.com/cabrio-bus/

Thank you. Can we pay in euros or by creditcard? Or do we need Kunas?

The last time I was on the bus, I used Kunas and no credit cards. I had heard Euros were being accepted, however that changes here far too often. I am seeing signs up in more shops and restaurants stating "NO EUROS." I do highly recommend Croatian Kuna since it is the legal currency of our country.

The last time I was on the bus, I used Kunas and no credit cards. I had heard Euros were being accepted, however that changes here far too often. I am seeing signs up in more shops and restaurants stating "NO EUROS." I do highly recommend Croatian Kuna since it is the legal currency of our country.

Of course I understand, but since we are there for just a few hours I hoped to use Euros. We will change some at the port or use ATM.

Why pay more to use a cab and/or tour bus to/from the cable-car when one can simply catch the #8 bus? -- which has a stop located at the cable-car entrance. The main bus station is right outside of the port gate -- where one can purchase tickets/day passes.

There is also an atm there if one needs to withdraw a few Kuna.

I'm not sure what the aversion some have about using an atm for a small amount of Kuna for the day in port. It's not too difficult to figure how much one plans to spend for the day. The cable car does (and many shops/restaurants) accept credit cards as well FWIW.

An all-day bus pass is 30 Kuna(roughly $4.50 USD). A one-way ride is 12 Kuna.

So, after the cable-car ride, it's an easy stroll down hill to go inside the walls where one can walk around the old town a bit before heading towards the bus stop(s) outside the Pile gate when wanting to return to Gruz Harbor.

Taking the local bus in Dubrovnik is a breeze. The stops have schedules posted and the stops at Pile have timers showing when the next bus is scheduled to arrive.

local-bus-map-dubrovnik.jpg

Edited by Skai

• 5 weeks later...