Ephesus excursion

Someone on my roll call posted that we should not plan a private excursion in Kusadasi because RCI has been skipping the port and going to Crete instead. I don't know where she got this information but has anyone heard anything like this?

I was on Rhapsody and we stopped in Kusadasi on July 31, 2016. So while the couple of cruises before mine had cancelled, I believe that RCL is back to regular stops (pending any new information).

As a side note, this was by far my favorite port and I am so glad we stopped there!

Hi,

We just came back from a wonderful cruise aboard the Celebrity Constellation. We stopped in Kusadasi last week. Loved it. We took the Ephesus Shuttle and had a great time. Just keep watching the State Dept. Web site just in case. Local economy is hurting because of the cancellation of many cruises. But Kusadasi is miles away from Istanbul and Syria. It is a modern town. You'll love the surrounding area.

Cheers.

I guess we were just unlucky with timing as we flew out to for our cruise the day of the coup. While are replacement stop in Sarande Albania was not what I hoped for its great ships are retiring to kusadasi. I booked through Ephesus shuttle and they cancelled the excursion for me after they heard of the diversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

We are back after being in Kusadasi a few days ago. We used EKOL and could not have been happier. For six of us, they provided a 15-person van with driver and guide. The guide was "Oscar" (actual name something similar) and I highly recommend him.

Can you please tell me more about what you did? We will also be renting a car. Other than Ephesus, what else should we do?

Just noticed this old unanswered post and thought we would add some info based on our own rental car experience. Roads in the region are quite good and we had no problem driving long distances with the help of our GPS. For those interested in ruins, and who have a lot of time, you might consider taking the long drive to Miletus, Didyma and Priene (it is possible to do all 3 in a day). If by a stroke of luck you are in Kusadasi on a Tuesday, and want to experience some local culture, you can make the long drive to the small city of Tire where they have their weekly market. It is quite interesting...and you will likely be the only non-Turks in the city.

Hank

• 5 weeks later...

Me and my family did a Greek Isles & Turkey cruise on 2015 and we used the Ephesus shared tours of Celsus Travel. They picked us from port and used comfortable large van for the transportation between Kusadasi port and Ephesus. The prices was so cheap but the quality was really so high. They provide that tour for us as a private tour and we satisfied all the helps and services of Celsus Travel. :):):)