Lisbon & Ponta Delgada Recommendations

sweetlove13

If anyone can recommend tours in Lisbon & Ponta Delgada I would appreciate any advice you can provide. I am looking to travel there next year. My family is originally from the Azores but not Ponta Delgada, so if anyone knows of any interesting cultural sites or experiences I would like to hear about them. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Top Ten Tours twice when visiting Lisbon. Sinatra and Cascais are "Must Sees". Alex was our guide and it was a truly amazing day - both times. He tailors your trip to what you want to see and makes recommendations depending on weather and traffic.

http://www.toptentours.eu/

Berni

Thank you, I will check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were just in Ponta Delgada and I can highly recommend a private tour with André Philip -

www.andrephilip.com

He picked the 5 of us up at the port and took us all over. We hiked down to a lake in a crater, swam in the thermal pools, saw the boiling mud in Furnas, ate the traditional stew cooked in the ground, and saw the stunning Fire Lake. Amazing place. Andre was very accommodating and he speaks excellent English.

We used Gary Travassos from Azorean Tours in Ponta Delgada and he was excellent. Carlos was our guide, and the day started out rainy and we thought we would have to change our plans of seeing the beautiful lakes. But Carlos kept checking a website that had live views of the lakes, and when he saw that it was clearing out at the summits, off we went. Other tours just went to the "weather alternatives" and didn't get to see nearly as much as we did. He really did a terrific job of including everything he could into our day.

http://www.azoreantours.com/

In Lisbon we used We Hate Tourism Tours for their Pirates of the Cruise Ship tour. We has an absolute blast with Marcos. We saw some of Lisbon, plus the gorgeous Sintra and Cascais. Marcos was outspoken, very knowledgable and quite animated, and I imagine his "style" might be a little much for some people, but we loved it. http://www.wehatetourismtours.com/

• 4 weeks later...

We have done a couple of tours over the years with We Hate Tourism Tours in Lisbon. They are fun and at most there will be 6 or 7 people on the tour. We did one a few years ago to Sintra and Cascais, and more recently did the Hills of Lisbon tour. They picked us up from our hotel one time and another, we met at Rossio Square, where all the guests were picked up.

We just returned from a trip that included four days in Lisbon. Used My Way Tours and they were wonderful. Carla showed us Lisbon city for half a day and her colleague, Carlos, took us out to Sintra and Cascais for a day. They are smart, well informed and good drivers. We loved and had a wonderful time in Lisbon!

We were in Lisbon Portugal in May and just loved it! We took a day pass on the hop-on hop-off bus, which worked out very well. There is a hoho bus stop just near the cruise port that we arrived at. (Santa Apolonia Cruise Terminal). There is a new cruise terminal scheduled to open up later this year in a different area of the city.

http://lisbonportugal.ca

• 2 months later...