Anyone buy the Cloud 9 spa pass for a sailing out of NYC

SoundDawg

I am looking for information on the Cloud 9 spa on the Splendor for its 8 day voyages. Has anyone purchased the pass for the voyage without booking a spa cabin? What was the price? I have found on Carnival's site that it is $40 for a day pass but it doesn't say if there is a better rate for the full voyage. Anyone know this information first hand?

The written facts

"

Cloud 9 Spa

Ships

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Dream

Carnival Magic

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Sunshine

The Cloud 9 Spa and Spa Accommodations boast an impressive 40,000 square foot area, creating a spa resort atop these magnificent floating resorts. The spa and fitness centers are 23,750 square feet (21,000 sq ft on the Splendor) and encompass two forward decks. In addition to the fitness area, the spa has a number of features such as a Thalassotherapy Pool*, Thermal Suites and VIP Couples treatment rooms*

*Not available on the Carnival Sunshine.

Note: Some of the facilities are capacity controlled and extra charges may apply.

For guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom but would like to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, we offer day and week long passes that can be purchased on board at the Cloud 9 Spa.

· Daily Pass: $40 per guest

· Passes for Cruise Duration:

Ø 6-day cruise: $139 per guest / $239 per couple

Ø 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couple

Ø 8-day cruise: $159 per guest / $268 per couple

Ø Europe Cruises: Prices will vary depending on duration of the cruise

Age Policy

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to receive body treatments or utilize spa facilities, as well as use of the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool at the Cloud 9 Spas. " From https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/DR_Cloud9Spa.htm

My impression & experience ...

Well worth the extra money as long as you have no health problems that dis-allow you the use of the complete heat and steam treatments areas over the course of the whole voyage. If you have high blood pressure there are certain rooms they request you not to use. Also we witness one younger women that did not realize she had mild sunburn further damage her skin by entering the Thalassotherapy Pool, after a few minutes in the heated water her legs became bright red.

The seating for the Thalassotherapy Pool is different than what I'm used to in my own hot tub at home. Metal bars make up the lounge style group seat instead of individually molded fiberglass ones (comfortable but different) with the water temp and the jets being greater than the other (not so) hots tubs found around the ship. The 4 rooms to the Thermal Suite felt different (hotter, more relaxing in a shorter time) from the standard saunas and steam rooms found inside the gyms and spas near my home, mostly IMO because of the heated tile seats.

The single day pass was not available on the Splendor for the 7 day Bermuda cruise (Apr 16-23) only the full week pass & sold only on embarkation day & the first day at sea. Though later in the week (on port days) they did offer a few packages deals that included a one time access to the Thalassotherapy pool or Thermal rooms immediately after the treatment. They did offer, from the start as an upgrade to the couples week long pass, an add-on for a 1 hour visit to the Rasul Body treatment room to apply the mud to each other & share the rainforest shower for an extra $51 making the week long pass $300. (I will be sailing the Splendor again on May 9th for an 8 day cruise and will see if things have changed in the 2+ weeks.)

The pool and thermal rooms are open as long as the Cloud 9 Spa front desk is manned, you need to check in and trade your S&S card for the spa pass key. So for most of the voyage that meant you could use the water therapies anywhere from 8 am to 10 pm. KIM though if you go first thing in the morning (like between 8 am-9 am) the pool water and the heated seats in the thermal rooms are not as hot as they can get yet. You can go as many times a day as you wish so bring extra bathing suits (to have dry ones), since they request you wear these as the pool and rooms are co-ed. On the last day we had very rough seas so they emptied the Thalassotherapy pool, the thermal rooms were still open for use.

Edited by maryred
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

we sailed in March. for the week I think it was 150 for one and maybe 250 for 2. Also when we purchased for 2 . we got a free treatment. not froma technican, but products in a private area you apply to yourself and your partner or friend if you choose. My friend got sick so I went by myself. it was really nice. That entire area if worth every penny. check it out==especially for us sailing in the cold weather-- it was a great spot to relax in. have fun.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if the cloud 9 on the splendor has an outdoor private deck ? One that only spa guests can use ?

We just came off the Splendor last week, I have to say I did a bunch of research before we book the spa passes for our 8 day trip and we planed everything around relaxing and using the spa daily, I am sorry to say that we were so disappointed that we ended up asking for our money back and then scrambled to figure out a new plan on what we were going to do with the time we had put aside for the spa. They really have to work on a bunch of issues there.

Also no there is not a deck that I know of that is special to the cloud 9

I just posted this but I will post here for you too, don't get me wrong the place is really pretty, but has issues.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let some folks know about the Cloud 9 Spa on the Splendor.

I know that I am to blame as for "putting all my eggs in one basket"

And also this is just My experience so please do not bash me here, I am writing this just incase that someone out there is like me and had planned on spending time in the spa.

ok here goes, first of all we had bought FTTF just for the purpose of getting on the ship early to make sure we were able to get the spa passes for the week, as from reading many posts here on CC board that they sell out quickly for cruises with 4 sea days. So it was a Must for me to get there early so we would not miss out. A little about me so in hopes nobody gets nasty with me and again,.. it is just my experience. My husband and I were spending our 25th wedding ann. & my 50th birthday on board the Splendor so we splurged this time on a wrap around balcony, so we did not get all the price drops that were going on for that sailing, but we didn't care as we spend a lot of time on the balcony even when it was Ice Cold out there we just loved the wake of the ship. This cruise was for us just to relax and enjoy.

Ok now back to the Spa, we were the first ones to book the Spa passes and we were so very excited, we went back to our cabin unpacked and the min the spa was opened we were there in our cozy bathrobes and all.

We wanted to use the thalasso pool first then do the hot steam and work our way around to the warm rooms with heated tile loungers and then go to the next cooler room and so on,.. the way the spa is meant to be used. When we arrived they told us the pool was being worked on and will be closed until tomorrow. That was fine, no problem, as we know things do need to be fixed and we would just use it tomorrow. Then we went to the steam room that was great until the door kept getting opened about 10 times, no joke , no less then 10 maybe more, with the spa workers trying to sell passes and do tours, so the steam would all go out of the room each time until there was no steam left in the room at all, ok no problem again, we figured it was still the first day and they had to push the sales, so we moved to the next room, we tried 4 of the tile seats none were even close to being warm they were very cold tile seats, so we went into the next 2 room with the same problems??? when we asked about this to one of the spa workers that was doing another tour now in this room, she told me to go and inquire about it at the desk! So that is what my husband and I did, they said sorry but they have many tile seats out of order and people can control the knobs outside of the doors and that is how it gets broken. So at this point we were not relaxed, now we were a bit frustrated so we just said ok and we will try again tomorrow. Next day we called ahead to the Spa since we were on the complete other end of the ship and I didn't want to take that loooong walk to find out if the thass. pool was fixed yet, she said Yes it is fixed! Yippie I was very happy and really needed to distress from the day before and also from the very crazy year we have had, it is Time to just chill out and kick back! So off we went down that long hallway. :0)

We get into the pool and I am loving it! I have to hold on to the side of the pool so I do not float away, then after a few mins I look at my hand and it is Full of Blue paint and glue with a tile stuck to my swim suit! OMG I mean fingertips to wrist total BLUE! I started LOL and said I didn't want to tell anyone because then they would have to close the pool again! I had to just about rip my skin off to get all the stuff off my hand.

Then we went to try the steam room and the whole nine yards all over again today, but the same thing happened again. Tours with people in and out when we are trying to relax, how can we relax with a bunch of people opening the door and talking and not in a quiet tone either, and who wants a bunch of people staring at them every 5 mins. ? so again No steam & no heated tile chairs " that worked" so that is when we just gave up and asked for our money back, I was glad we did because the next day we went by and the thass. pool was closed again. Oh wait one more thing, I was also in the bathroom of the spa looking for the shower? I asked the tour woman, YES she was doing a tour in the bathroom also! I asked her where were the showers? She said they did not have any in the bathroom only in the hallway by the other rooms, Now I know she was wrong about that because I read here on these boards that the showers were great in the bathroom, so when she left with her tour I opened all the bathroom stall doors and bam there were 2 showers, they are not marked on the outside of the doors and all the doors are kept shut, so just open each one and you will find the shower, by the way the shower in there in great!

Im so glad I brought my book and had a great balcony, because after those 2 days, I had a Great relaxing cruise.

I hope they get things fixed and limit the tours or do them after or before the spa opens I think that would help a lot

I just posted this but I will post here for you too, don't get me wrong the place is really pretty, but has issues.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let some folks know about the Cloud 9 Spa on the Splendor.

And also this is just My experience so please do not bash me here, I am writing this just incase that someone out there is like me and had planned on spending time in the spa.

ok here goes, first of all we had bought FTTF just for the purpose of getting on the ship early to make sure we were able to get the spa passes for the week, as from reading many posts here on CC board that they sell out quickly for cruises with 4 sea days. So it was a Must for me to get there early so we would not miss out. A little about me so in hopes nobody gets nasty with me and again,.. it is just my experience. My husband and I were spending our 25th wedding ann. & my 50th birthday on board the Splendor so we splurged this time on a wrap around balcony, so we did not get all the price drops that were going on for that sailing, but we didn't care as we spend a lot of time on the balcony even when it was Ice Cold out there we just loved the wake of the ship. This cruise was for us just to relax and enjoy.

Ok now back to the Spa, we were the first ones to book the Spa passes and we were so very excited, we went back to our cabin unpacked and the min the spa was opened we were there in our cozy bathrobes and all.

We wanted to use the thalasso pool first then do the hot steam and work our way around to the warm rooms with heated tile loungers and then go to the next cooler room and so on,.. the way the spa is meant to be used. When we arrived they told us the pool was being worked on and will be closed until tomorrow. That was fine, no problem, as we know things do need to be fixed and we would just use it tomorrow. Then we went to the steam room that was great until the door kept getting opened about 10 times, no joke , no less then 10 maybe more, with the spa workers trying to sell passes and do tours, so the steam would all go out of the room each time until there was no steam left in the room at all, ok no problem again, we figured it was still the first day and they had to push the sales, so we moved to the next room, we tried 4 of the tile seats none were even close to being warm they were very cold tile seats, so we went into the next 2 room with the same problems??? when we asked about this to one of the spa workers that was doing another tour now in this room, she told me to go and inquire about it at the desk! So that is what my husband and I did, they said sorry but they have many tile seats out of order and people can control the knobs outside of the doors and that is how it gets broken. So at this point we were not relaxed, now we were a bit frustrated so we just said ok and we will try again tomorrow. Next day we called ahead to the Spa since we were on the complete other end of the ship and I didn't want to take that loooong walk to find out if the thass. pool was fixed yet, she said Yes it is fixed! Yippie I was very happy and really needed to distress from the day before and also from the very crazy year we have had, it is Time to just chill out and kick back! So off we went down that long hallway. :0)

We get into the pool and I am loving it! I have to hold on to the side of the pool so I do not float away, then after a few mins I look at my hand and it is Full of Blue paint and glue with a tile stuck to my swim suit! OMG I mean fingertips to wrist total BLUE! I started LOL and said I didn't want to tell anyone because then they would have to close the pool again! I had to just about rip my skin off to get all the stuff off my hand.

Then we went to try the steam room and the whole nine yards all over again today, but the same thing happened again. Tours with people in and out when we are trying to relax, how can we relax with a bunch of people opening the door and talking and not in a quiet tone either, and who wants a bunch of people staring at them every 5 mins. ? so again No steam & no heated tile chairs " that worked" so that is when we just gave up and asked for our money back, I was glad we did because the next day we went by and the thass. pool was closed again. Oh wait one more thing, I was also in the bathroom of the spa looking for the shower? I asked the tour woman, YES she was doing a tour in the bathroom also! I asked her where were the showers? She said they did not have any in the bathroom only in the hallway by the other rooms, Now I know she was wrong about that because I read here on these boards that the showers were great in the bathroom, so when she left with her tour I opened all the bathroom stall doors and bam there were 2 showers, they are not marked on the outside of the doors and all the doors are kept shut, so just open each one and you will find the shower, by the way the shower in there in great!

Im so glad I brought my book and had a great balcony, because after those 2 days, I had a Great relaxing cruise.

I hope they get things fixed and limit the tours or do them after or before the spa opens I think that would help a lot

Did you figure out what turned your hands blue?

was this a one time issue? Did they say whether the lounges were going to get fixed and how difficult was it to get your money back?

Did you figure out what turned your hands blue?

was this a one time issue? Did they say whether the lounges were going to get fixed and how difficult was it to get your money back?

The blue came from the reason the pool was closed the day before it that tiles were falling off in a few areas, They did not allow the paint or glue "that is what was blue to dry enough before filling the pool back up, so the spot I had touched was still very wet and I didn't notice, since I too was wet from being in the pool until I looked at my hand and then also at the spot where all the tiles were falling off into the pool again.

They never did give us an answer about when the chairs would be fixed, and after going to the guest services and then speaking with the manager of the spa, they understood my complaints were valid and it was not a problem at all with the refund.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I think I will buy a day pass later in the week if possible. Does anyone know if you buy a spa treatment- can you use the spa facilities?

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I think I will buy a day pass later in the week if possible. Does anyone know if you buy a spa treatment- can you use the spa facilities?

No you must buy a pass for the spa even if you have had a treatment. You need a key to use all the rooms and t pool