Cruzan Rum Distillery payment type?

2muchluggage

Has anyone been there recently? We were there on a Sunday and wanted to get a cab. It was going to cost over $40 round trip. And then we were told it wouldn't be open anyway. We decided to just stay in F'sted and look around. BTW, the best prices we saw for Cruzon were in the St. Thomas port stores. We didn't do too badly, but were sorry we didn't wait.

Has anyone been there recently? We were there on a Sunday and wanted to get a cab. It was going to cost over $40 round trip. And then we were told it wouldn't be open anyway. We decided to just stay in F'sted and look around. BTW, the best prices we saw for Cruzon were in the St. Thomas port stores. We didn't do too badly, but were sorry we didn't wait.

It looks like there are two outfits of Cruzan Rum, one is in the middle of the island, which might be closed on sundays, but the cab driver was not well informed because I got the information (will check it out in a couple of weeks) that there is something right ther F'sted:

it's right in town only a few blocks from the cruise pier.

Cruzan Rum Factory

Estate Diamond 3

Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

(340) 692-2280

I would still like to hear from someone who has actually been there recently, on a Sunday. I'd also be interested to know how they got there (rent a car, taxi, etc.). Maybe it was only closed on the Sunday we were there, but the lady at the store selling Cruzan products told us it wasn't open.

We were in San Juan in November 2013 and the distillery was closed on Sundays. Their web site said it was closed. In January when I checked their web site it said they were now opening on week ends from 10 to 2.

I have an excursion booked there on Sunday in November 2014.

Has anyone been on the tour recently? I checked the website and it says they are open on Sunday 10-2. (We will be there March 30) Also says "please note we only accept credit or debit cards for payment". So does that mean no cash?:confused:

We went there last month, on our Century cruise. The tour and tasting part were great -- but, what a surprise when we got to the gift shop! Not only do they not take cash, but they don't accept American Express credit cards. We ended up not making the purchases we had planned. I have to say that I've never heard of U.S. company (Cruzan is now owned by Beam Brands), operating on U.S. soil (USVI), that would not accept U.S. currency as payment. Didn't feel too badly, though -- as their prices were not really that good. :rolleyes: