Tropical Storm

Hey cruisers,

I noticed there's a tropical storm forming in the eastern Caribbean and I know Allures going that way Sunday, would anyone know any news if it's changing route or anything yet?

Nothing yet. Just check Royal's home page periodically. They will put important notices there.

Edited by clarea

I doubt the ship will have to reroute. What they are saying on our local news is that Bertha will remain a weak tropical storm and will just bring some needed rain to the Caribbean. The rain is a bummer for people on vacation but it doesn't sound like winds will be much of an issue.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I'm more wondering that if she can't go that way this Sunday will next Sundays route be changed to fuel up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I would think the company could make alternate bunkering arrangements if the routes are disrupted this week. The fuel may be more expensive at an alternate location, but rearranging itineraries has substantial costs, too. Including costs to the company's reputation if it engaged in not-totally-necessary itinerary changes a week post storm.

I wouldn't be concerned because RCCL will monitor the situation completely, but both Bertha and the Allure are scheduled to be in the general area of the Bahamas on the same day, Monday. Current forecast (which can vary a lot in 3 days) expects 45 knot winds on Monday. Could affect the routing, but there is a lot of area west and south of the Bahamas to head on down to St. Thomas on Wednesday so you may experience little or no impact at all.

Hey cruisers,

I noticed there's a tropical storm forming in the eastern Caribbean and I know Allures going that way Sunday, would anyone know any news if it's changing route or anything yet?

I don't see any reason to change anything if the present track holds. Mondays forecast for Nassau http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Nassau+The+Bahamas+BFXX0005

The storm should be well North of Nassau by departure time.

Disclaimer - things can change!

I wouldn't be concerned because RCCL will monitor the situation completely, but both Bertha and the Allure are scheduled to be in the general area of the Bahamas on the same day, Monday. Current forecast (which can vary a lot in 3 days) expects 45 knot winds on Monday. Could affect the routing, but there is a lot of area west and south of the Bahamas to head on down to St. Thomas on Wednesday so you may experience little or no impact at all.

So it may just be a possible nassau skip or can they do nassau on the last day?

So it may just be a possible nassau skip or can they do nassau on the last day?

Yep. Or, the tracking could change to the right a few degrees and you could enjoy wonderful, pleasant weather in Nassau. Most of the models trend east of Nassau. Plus, Bertha is getting hit by pretty strong wind shear, meaning less chance for major development.