How much does it cost for ironing?

joyful34

We are debating whether we want to purchase the extra garmet bag for our formal wear or just pay to have it pressed when we get there. Does anyone know what they charge to iron/press a dress or suit? Thanks!

it will give you many ideas...I use the dry cleaner bags,, for my formal items then steam them in the bath as soon As I unpack..I brng my fuzzy hangers, hang several or all formal attire on them, hang around the shower..turn on hot water for about 10 min...dash in , turn off, dash out..leave door closed til the steam goes away...then hand about the cabin.. Them dampness and weight in the fibers will help wrinkles relax, then by dinner..DONE...hang in closet. I steam anything that needs to be done..reaely do I have to press,,as it goes in my bags all nicely done, and flat, w/DC bags over every 2-3 pcs..

it will give you many ideas...I use the dry cleaner bags,, for my formal items then steam them in the bath as soon As I unpack..I brng my fuzzy hangers, hang several or all formal attire on them, hang around the shower..turn on hot water for about 10 min...dash in , turn off, dash out..leave door closed til the steam goes away...then hand about the cabin.. Them dampness and weight in the fibers will help wrinkles relax, then by dinner..DONE...hang in closet. I steam anything that needs to be done..reaely do I have to press,,as it goes in my bags all nicely done, and flat, w/DC bags over every 2-3 pcs..

Pretty good idea. It's so much easier when you drive to the port. We are able to hang our formal clothes in the back seat and don't put them into a separate garment bag until we are ready to board the ship. Hang them up first when we arrive in our cabin. They spend so little time in the bag, they rarely get any wrinkles.

that's the best way to get rid of the wrinkles!:)

We are debating whether we want to purchase the extra garmet bag for our formal wear or just pay to have it pressed when we get there. Does anyone know what they charge to iron/press a dress or suit? Thanks!

They had slips for laundry services in the closet on our last cruise in April offering various laundry services. The one that really stuck out and got my attention was the 12 garments for $20 deal. I'm seriously thinking of doing it for our next cruise. No more ironing at home and no more worrying about how to get the clothes packed so they don't wrinkle and best of all ....no spending time on the cruise ironing in the self serve laundry room :)

dont wait til formal eve...go early, whilst peeps are sleeping, or it is a port day. I always take my water/spritz bottle..to mist, if need to press..I also use it to refresh my boofy hairdo!..I like the damp look sometimes.

Laundry Services if can make out the two colums

Mens

Item Wash Press Press Only

Suit 2-Piece: n/a $7.00

Suit 3-Piece: n/a $8.00

Jacket: $5.00 $3.75

Blazer: $5.00 $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00 $6.00

Trousers: $5.00 $4.00

T-Shirt: $2.00 $1.50

Shorts: $4.00 $3.00

Under Shorts: $2.00 $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00 $5.00

Pajamas: $4.00 $3.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00 n/a

Jeans: $4.00 $3.00

Shirt: $4.00 $3.00

Tie: $2.00 $1.50

Ladies

Item Wash Press Press Only

Suit 2-piece: n/a $7.00

Dress: $7.50 $6.00

Shirt/Blouse: $4.00 $3.00

Silk Blouse: $5.00 $3.75

Skirt: $5.00 $4.00

Jacket: $5.00 $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00 $6.00

Slacks/Pants: $5.00 $4.00

Shorts: $4.00 $3.00

Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00 n/a

Jeans: $4.00 $3.00

T-Shirt: $2.00 $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00 $5.00

Nightgown/PJ's: $5.00 $3.75

Swim Suit: $3.00 $2.00

Pair of Socks: $2.00 n/a

Scarf: $3.50 $2.75

Handkerchief: $2.00 $1.25

I suspect that pressing service is new and on the Magic only. I've been on the Conquest, Glory and Ecstasy in the past 6 months and none of them had pressing service. Only wash and fold.

I suspect that pressing service is new and on the Magic only. I've been on the Conquest, Glory and Ecstasy in the past 6 months and none of them had pressing service. Only wash and fold.

:confused:

they've always had pressing service.

Before our first cruise, we bought DH a tux. They packed it at the store so it wouldn't wrinkle. Well TSA fixed that. When it came out of the suitcase. It looked like it had been tied in a knot. Seriously, we tried but couldn't get the wrinkles out. My cocktail suit didn't fare much better. I could have ironed them, but was afraid I would burn our outfits we had spent a good deal of money on.

I Have never ironed DHs tux shirts. I just send them to be laundered or pressed either at home or on the ship. Those little buggers are the devil to press.

Formal night was the 2nd night, so we had to pay 1 night pressing service with the 50% additional surcharge. For his tux with vest and my cocktail suite was $22.50. Since then if they have a laundry package I use it. This was on Princess, but I am sure that all of the lines are about the same.

HAL has an unlimited laundry package. All the pressing and washing you want for I think we paid $75.00 well worth it. We washed everything that could be washed. I went home with only the clothes on our back needing to be washed. On RCCL we had a suite so laundry was included.

We just budget for laundry now. It's just another expense. DH says he doesn't want me to have to spend my vacation ironing (think long lines at the ironing board)-and he certainly doesn't want to do it. As soon as we get on board-we give the pressing to the steward.

We had DH's tux shirt valeted on the Conquest last year. $13.00 and we are platinum. We had never been charged before (in at least 20 cruises) and all of the sudden last year - bang there it was. We disputed the charge; but in the end, had to pay. Oh well - live and learn.

We had DH's tux shirt valeted on the Conquest last year. $13.00 and we are platinum. We had never been charged before (in at least 20 cruises) and all of the sudden last year - bang there it was. We disputed the charge; but in the end, had to pay. Oh well - live and learn.

Platinum is only Wash and Fold/Wrinkle.

If the shirt was wearable, they probably did more. $13 is a odd number if only 1 item was sent through.

well, you were overcharged. a pressed shirt is only $3.

The shirt had already been cleaned when we left for the cruise; but of course, was wrinkled after being packed. We specifically asked for pressing only and were charged $13.00. The cabin steward told us that we would have to take it up with the Purser's Desk and we did. As mentioned - we ended up having to pay for it, which really upset me. We have been Platinum for quite some time and never, ever payed for that service before. I'm thinking perhaps we had a "new" cabin steward and he sent it through the system. We have always tipped our cabin steward upon arrival, as we did this one as well. I'm thinking in the past our steward has taken it upon himself to press the shirt instead of sending it through laundry, etc. As mentioned - live and learn. Didn't ruin the cruise or anything. C.

The shirt had already been cleaned when we left for the cruise; but of course, was wrinkled after being packed. We specifically asked for pressing only and were charged $13.00. The cabin steward told us that we would have to take it up with the Purser's Desk and we did. As mentioned - we ended up having to pay for it, which really upset me. We have been Platinum for quite some time and never, ever payed for that service before. I'm thinking perhaps we had a "new" cabin steward and he sent it through the system. We have always tipped our cabin steward upon arrival, as we did this one as well. I'm thinking in the past our steward has taken it upon himself to press the shirt instead of sending it through laundry, etc. As mentioned - live and learn. Didn't ruin the cruise or anything. C.

you were ripped off.

there's a price sheet you could have referred to.

+ Milestones + 9 more. Have used freebee wash.....AND, marked the "ON HANGERS" on rt side, top of list quite a few times...they are returned pressed, and on hangers. Used service 3x this past Feb cruze, still no charge for pressed on hangers..in dry cleaner bags. Looking fwd to the TA this Oct with same great service...I've never ordered wash/fold

+ Milestones + 9 more. Have used freebee wash.....AND, marked the "ON HANGERS" on rt side, top of list quite a few times...they are returned pressed, and on hangers. Used service 3x this past Feb cruze, still no charge for pressed on hangers..in dry cleaner bags. Looking fwd to the TA this Oct with same great service...I've never ordered wash/fold

Thanks, Luckyc - I will look for that option next month on the Dream. Maybe this is what our cabin steward always checked for us (without our knowledge) since we only wanted pressing and were never charged before................fun facts to know and tell (lol).

• 4 months later...
Here is laundry information from Carnival Magic - looks like Pressing Only is 80% of the cost of regular Valet service. There were also laundry specials and pressing specials.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/laundry.htm

Were the special available the day of embarkation? I would need our things back by the second day. Thanks!

Archived