Carnival Pride At-Sea Wedding Review

The coolest projects we DIYed were the door hangers and the FunTimes themed information packet. We left a space to write in the date and time for the wedding because it wasn’t information we had until meeting with our coordinator, Penelope.

8410515465_cbe9cc97af_b.jpg

8410442163_de30741f28_z.jpg

Future Carnival Pride Bride here! Thank you so much for all of the details you've been posting about your event. Your insight for what I can expect in May is so great!

I LOVE this DIY FunTimes packet that you did. Do you happen to have a template that you used to make it? I would love to use something similar for our party. We have 18 cabins sailing with us and this would be amazing to help keep everyone organized!

Thank you!!!

Randi

Yeah,

I DONT know HOW i missed this.... Another Same Sex Wedding.. Congrats to you, and on NY thats Really Nice.. We went to DC... Im VERY happy for you, and lets say I LOVEEEEEEE This Review/tips.. Thanks ALOT for doing it for us.. Be Proud, Be Merry, And Keep GOD First and yall will Roll all the way until the Wheels fall off.. Its about yall and UR Happiness...

Great Wedding:)

Yeah,

I DONT know HOW i missed this.... Another Same Sex Wedding.. Congrats to you, and on NY thats Really Nice.. We went to DC... Im VERY happy for you, and lets say I LOVEEEEEEE This Review/tips.. Thanks ALOT for doing it for us.. Be Proud, Be Merry, And Keep GOD First and yall will Roll all the way until the Wheels fall off.. Its about yall and UR Happiness...

There are alot of us double bride weddings on here.. We are licensed in Maine.. Just passed here last november.. Cant wait for the whole ceremony in October..

We wanted to contribute since it's been legalized in states that have cruise ports (Mass, NY, MD) and gaining traction in others (CA, NJ) and show that it's an option. When we started planning a legal ceremony in MD wasn't a option and we were going to have to drive to DC or NY for the legal paperwork, per CCL's request. In fact, I think Lipz tried having her wedding with CCL (pre-passage in NY), but they told her no.

It was nice having Lipz review and help to set a framework for how to make our cruise wedding work. So thanks for that, Lipz!

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Yes it was VERY nice having her Review.. She has Left us.... I do miss her up here with her comments and Tips They Rocked...

And Whaaaaaaat She was? But Yeah PRE they werent doing NOTHING.. We went to DC on May 8, and I faxed Carnival the ML so they have it , BUT please belive I will have Everything x's 10 that day, for backup... But Yeah U rock, and NO matter WHo is getting Married. Im Always thankful, EXTRA now being U TRUELY had the Same Experience I will be having

BTW~ I have NEVERRRRRRRRR Seen snow anywhere near a Ship!!! Wooooow this is so Different..

We wanted to contribute since it's been legalized in states that have cruise ports (Mass, NY, MD) and gaining traction in others (CA, NJ) and show that it's an option. When we started planning a legal ceremony in MD wasn't a option and we were going to have to drive to DC or NY for the legal paperwork, per CCL's request. In fact, I think Lipz tried having her wedding with CCL (pre-passage in NY), but they told her no.

It was nice having Lipz review and help to set a framework for how to make our cruise wedding work. So thanks for that, Lipz!

Edited by Shatima

Woo WOo, Yeah Honey.. We have to do what we have to do.. Did U fax in your ML yet? I cant wait.. Almost 5 months

There are alot of us double bride weddings on here.. We are licensed in Maine.. Just passed here last november.. Cant wait for the whole ceremony in October..

Our coordinator on board didn't ask for our ML, but CCL was adamant that we needed it, so we brought our original and ALL of the paperwork with us. Miami was more difficult to work with than the actual CCL staff onboard the ship (surprise, surprise). They wanted our ML faxed 4 weeks beforehand, but MD didn't become legal until 12:01 on NYE and we left Jan.13, so that was not going to happen. They made us sign a weird commitment ceremony waiver and initial that we would fax the certified copy as soon as we had it in our hand, on the 2nd, 11 days before we left.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Really.. Well Either way I sent it.. lolol.. Now I was re reading Ur Review I miss these two parts.. Three Questions please

1. What in the World is Dreams Photography?

2. That Pop up from bb&B How did U get that throught Security? Nad You just rolled your items on it the whole time after U got throught Security?

3.. Fun Ship Freddie.. I NEVER though of that... How much was he???

Our coordinator on board didn't ask for our ML, but CCL was adamant that we needed it, so we brought our original and ALL of the paperwork with us. Miami was more difficult to work with than the actual CCL staff onboard the ship (surprise, surprise). They wanted our ML faxed 4 weeks beforehand, but MD didn't become legal until 12:01 on NYE and we left Jan.13, so that was not going to happen. They made us sign a weird commitment ceremony waiver and initial that we would fax the certified copy as soon as we had it in our hand, on the 2nd, 11 days before we left.

Really.. Well Either way I sent it.. lolol.. Now I was re reading Ur Review I miss these two parts.. Three Questions please

1. What in the World is Dreams Photography?

2. That Pop up from bb&B How did U get that throught Security? Nad You just rolled your items on it the whole time after U got throught Security?

3.. Fun Ship Freddie.. I NEVER though of that... How much was he???

Dreams Photography is the type of photography that they have been doing for weddings where they use the ship as the background and do extra work on the photos (cinching waists, whitening teeth, etc)

We asked our family with help carrying items on. So we each carried our gowns, brother rolled the cart of 10 wine bottles, and sister did the garment rack. We had it closed through security and then opened it up once we were on the other side, so we could hang the gowns. It wheeled up the gangway fine.

We were able to get FSF because we got married in the middle of the cruise when he wasn't needed. We were initially told he wouldn't be available for embarkation. The cruise director has final say as the head of the entertainment department.

Yeah,

Shatima~ You are just too funny!! I have no idea how you missed this, you seem to read everything on here!!

Lipz was amazing at the start of all the planning and sharing the obstacles s they were facing to make their ceremony happen!!

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS! Reviews like yours make me even more excited about my wedding and reassures me that everything is going to end well :-) Would it be possible for you to send me the Powerpoint file also? My email address is kiechellew@yahoo.com Again, congratulations on a beautiful wedding. Wishing you marital bliss to last a lifetime

Congratulations on your wedding! I would love to be able to use your PPT file for the FunTimes too!

Could you please email me at: randi [dot] baumbaugh [@] gmail [dot] com

Congratulations on your wedding! I would love to be able to use your PPT file for the FunTimes too!

Could you please email me at: randi [dot] baumbaugh [@] gmail [dot] com

Sent! Let me know if you need any help.

I love all the special details you planned for your wedding - it turned out lovely! Congrats!

Thanks!

OH woow.. Thanks for this (info on the pix).. I had no idea.. AND I understand that FSF may not be open for that day :) U are the Bomb. Thanks honey :D

Dreams Photography is the type of photography that they have been doing for weddings where they use the ship as the background and do extra work on the photos (cinching waists, whitening teeth, etc)

We asked our family with help carrying items on. So we each carried our gowns, brother rolled the cart of 10 wine bottles, and sister did the garment rack. We had it closed through security and then opened it up once we were on the other side, so we could hang the gowns. It wheeled up the gangway fine.

We were able to get FSF because we got married in the middle of the cruise when he wasn't needed. We were initially told he wouldn't be available for embarkation. The cruise director has final say as the head of the entertainment department.

LOL, My bad!!!! lolo U are so right.. BC each day I know I be re reading Reviews.. Ready to see some new ones, BUT also Thankful for Every single one on this Whole Site..:p

Shatima~ You are just too funny!! I have no idea how you missed this, you seem to read everything on here!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm on my phone, but I'll send the files later tonight.

I great enjoyed your review and photos! Great wedding! We are planning one ourselves, but we live in Florida. I thinking we have to get married elsewhere and then do a vow renewal sort of thing.

I great enjoyed your review and photos! Great wedding! We are planning one ourselves, but we live in Florida. I thinking we have to get married elsewhere and then do a vow renewal sort of thing.

If you're a same-sex couple, that is exactly what you'll have to do. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't do commitment ceremonies and will only allow you to book a wedding or vow renewal package in a state where SSM is not legal, if you first get married in a state/country where it is. Confusing, I know.

If you're a same-sex couple, that is exactly what you'll have to do. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't do commitment ceremonies and will only allow you to book a wedding or vow renewal package in a state where SSM is not legal, if you first get married in a state/country where it is. Confusing, I know.

Yes, it is! I think we will go to Boston or somewhere for the ceremony. Doesn't matter to me where it's at. Whatever is least expensive. I'd like to think of our ceremony on board as the real deal.... I wish we had marriage equality in Florida....

Congratulations on your marriage. Just beautiful!

We are planning our vow renewal in December, but I'm not sure what to expect what I can and can't do for the ceremony. Your review has helped and put a new light into things. A few questions for you...

We are expecting 10 guest small I know, should we just book the basic ceremony or the one with the reception ? Since it will be on a sea day.

Photos do they offer smaller packages? $300-$500 range?

FSF, was there a fee for him?

Are you allowed to bring real flowers for the ceremony ? Or do you think it is better to use fake flowers since time and date is not known?

Also could you email me the Power point to me. Dignaic@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for all the details of such a special day. May your new life with your wife be filled with love and happiness for the years to come.