Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International > Countdown to Quantum of the Seas

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 6th, 2013, 05:30 PM
5,000+ Club

Location: Coastal Ocean County-Jersey Shore "Jersey Strong !!!"
Wink Steiner Leisure will bring new fitness innovations to QOS

Steiner Leisure Limited will bring new personal fitness innovations to Quantum of the Seas
IN: SpaQuantum ClassQuantum of the SeasAnthem of the Seas
Jun
Royal Caribbean has reached an agreement with Steiner Leisure Limited to be the exclusive provider of spas, salons and fitness centers and related beauty, wellness and medi-spa services and products on Royal Caribbean vessels currently sailing, as well as the Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas, scheduled to enter service in 2014 and 2015, respectively.

Steiner Leisure President and Chief Executive Officer Leonard Fluxman spoke about some of the new innovations that will debut on Quantum of the Seas that will be "environment of firsts". Among these firsts is Vitality Powered by Technogym®, the first fitness center on board Royal Caribbean to feature the modern professional equipment from this industry leader.

Quantum of the Seas will feature a two-level, state-of-the-art Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center that offers two private fitness consultation rooms and a dedicated Flywheel™ indoor cycling studio, as well as our Smile Spa, barber shop, Thermal Suite, and relaxation lounge. Passengers will have the opportunity to choose from a comprehensive array of Elemis® face and body therapies, Bliss® treatments, and medi-spa services, performed in one of our 19 serene treatment rooms.

Fluxman commented on the new agreement, "For many years, we have enjoyed offering Royal Caribbean's guests our growing variety of healthful options for decompressing, revitalizing and luxuriating. We look forward to being a memorable part of the vacation experience of Royal Caribbean travellers, and continuing our collaboration with this conceptually and stylistically innovative brand."

In addition to Quantum and Anthem of the Seas, Royal Caribbean extended their original agreement with Steiner for all of its cruise ships through 2017.
Princess-Platinum
Carnival-Platinum
Cunard-Diamond
HAL-***

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:51 AM
10,000+ Club

Sorry to hear it's Steiner. I always have found them pushy with the add-ons. Nonetheless, for some reason, cruise lines don't seem interested in in developing and staffing their own spas.
Past Cruises: RCL (Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty (x2), Adventure, Navigator, Mariner, Brilliance, Enchantment (x2), Majesty (x2), Sovereign), Celebrity (Constellation, Century, Solstice(x2), Eclipse), HAL (Westerdam), NCL (Sky, Star), Princess (Sapphire Princess, Ocean Princess), Carnival (Dream)

Upcoming: Celebrity Reflection - November 2013 * Quantum of the Seas - January 2015

Old June 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default dreaming

Maybe, if they sell enuf add-ons, the massage itself will cost less? I just have to practice saying no. Or am I dreaming. I'll probably get a cabin down in steerage and never make it up to the spa. Ugh! Reality!
20pastPrincessCruisesVariousShips;CunardSagafjor d4/94;CarnivalEcstacy12/03;CarnivalParadiseb/bMarch,2004;Carnival Victory7/04;QM2March25,2005;CelebrityConstellation September 22,2005; HALNoordam March 15, 2006; QM2 June 9 til July 3,2006;HAL Noordam March 10, 2007; HAL Noordam b/b September 23, 2007;QM2 March 24, 2008;Carnival Victory June 14,2008; RCCL Explorer of the Seas August 23, 2008;Celebrity Constellation October 17, 2008;RCCL Explorer of the Seas March 15, 2009;RCCL Mariner of the Seas August 9, 2009;QM2 December 20,2009,QM2 August 8, 2010 til September 3, 2010;Celebrity Summit October 10, 2010;Queen Victoria January 13,2011;Celebrity Silhouette November 30,2011; RCCL Explorer of the Seas March 9,2012;Queen Elizabeth March 12,2013;Royal Princess October 18,2014;RCCL Quantum of the Seas December 1,2014

Old June 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

When I go into the room and we are talking I make sure I tell them I'm not interested in buying anything
Oasis of the Seas 9/10
Oasis of the Seas 9/11
Independence of the Seas 12/13
Quantum of the Seas 3/1/15

Old June 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just tell them that you cruise frequently and have plenty of products to use at home.