Lobstah in Bah Harbah???

karen s

Can anyone suggest a good lunch place in Bar Harbor for lobster near the RCCL port? We have an early morning excusion in Acadia and want to dine on some good lobster for lunch. :D Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Karen

When will you be in Bar Harbor? Some of the restaurants will be closed after Columbus Day --- Normally Stewman's will be closed and I'm not sure when West Street Café closes for the season.

Some places are staying open longer as there are now more cruise ships later in the season. Jan

When will you be in Bar Harbor? Some of the restaurants will be closed after Columbus Day --- Normally Stewman's will be closed and I'm not sure when West Street Café closes for the season.

Some places are staying open longer as there are now more cruise ships later in the season. Jan

Thanks for the insight! We'll be there on the 15th (day after Columbus Day)...I sure hope some the places suggested thus far will be open. The Brilliance of the Seas will be the only ship in port that day.

Guess I'll have to do some more investigating to see who will still be open for the season...

Thanks for the insight! We'll be there on the 15th (day after Columbus Day)...I sure hope some the places suggested thus far will be open. The Brilliance of the Seas will be the only ship in port that day.

Guess I'll have to do some more investigating to see who will still be open for the season...

Most stay open for the cruise ships. I have cruised on Oct 15th and October 22nd and almost everything was still open on the main drag and side streets around it. There will be plenty of places to choose from!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like to personally set up our tours and not schedule through the ship. I have researched a lot and have never seen the name of the restaurant that HAL uses for their Acadia National Park and Lobster Bake.

Any other tips are welcome concerning the area!

I would like to personally set up our tours and not schedule through the ship. I have researched a lot and have never seen the name of the restaurant that HAL uses for their Acadia National Park and Lobster Bake.

Any other tips are welcome concerning the area!

I would go for lobster to Stewmans Lobster Pound or West Street Cafe. Both are less than a 5 minute walk from the tender dock.

For an independent long tour of Acadia National Park, go with Olies Trolley or Acadia National Park Tours.

If you have time, you could walk the Bar Harbor Shore Path.

If you don't do one of the above tours, take the free public bus (Island Explorer, route #3 or #4) into Acadia National Park, and walk the Ocean Path.

SBtS

We like here: Rupununi. We especially love the "lazy man's lobster" and the hot lobster sandwich -- just lobster & butter on a warmed roll, it's perfect for me as I do not like the may in most lobster rolls. And as a bonus for my husband and brother, it has a fairly extensive range of vegetarian options. It's a bit of a walk up the main drag, but not far, and definitely worth it in my opinion.

• 1 month later...