Help! Recipe for new Bacon Mac and Cheese

lulu13

I know I just recently saw a recipe for the new bacon mac and cheese on Carnival's new menus. I am not sure if it was on here or on John Heald's Facebook or blog. Does anyone know where I can find it to print out. Thanks.

This was posted by John H a few days ago. I don't see bacon in it, but I suppose you could just add some to taste.

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce. Add cooked bacon to the macaroni. Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate. Serve with grilled chicken breast and garnish with a crisp rasher of apple-wood smoked bacon and a parsley sprig.

This was posted by John H a few days ago. I don't see bacon in it, but I suppose you could just add some to taste.

Macaroni and Cheese

Yield = 10 Servings

Brie Cheese 8 oz

Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz

Pasta Macaroni 2 lb

Sour Cream 1 lb

Mascarpone Cheese 8 oz

Parmesan Cheese 6 oz

Swiss cheese 6 oz

Half- &-Half Cream 1 pint

Heavy cream 1.5 qt

Cheddar 12 oz

Apple wood Smoked Bacon 2 lbs

Chicken Breast 3 oz 10 ea.

White pepper to taste

Heat pan, add cream and half- &-half; bring it to boil. Slowly fold in brie, mascarpone, Swiss cheese, (half the quantity) cheddar cheese and, and sour cream. Season well. Boil macaroni in salted water drain fold in the cheese sauce.
Add cooked bacon to the macaroni.
Pour 6 oz of pasta in the center of the pasta bowl. Arrange dices of fresh mozzarella on the top of the pasta.

Hand chop rest of the cheddar cheese and mix with grated parmesan, and sprinkle it over the macaroni. Place for two minutes under a broiled to gratinate.
Serve with grilled chicken breast and
garnish with a crisp rasher of
apple-wood smoked bacon
and a parsley sprig.

Here you go.

Thanks, ouch! Selective reading on my part. :o

It's easy to miss with all of the cheese:). When I first read the new menus I have to admit that I was sceptical about the mac and cheese being on there, now I can't wait to try it (and considering how my cruise is still over a year away I'll have to make it myself:D).

to everyone who replied. I am cruising in 3 weeks and I may cheat and give this a try, but I have to eat gluten free and I wanted to be able to make it with my gluten free pasta when I get home. It sounds divine, but extremely rich and high cal to the extreme. But every once in a while you need to indulge to enjoy life. Thanks again.:o

to everyone who replied. I am cruising in 3 weeks and I may cheat and give this a try, but I have to eat gluten free and I wanted to be able to make it with my gluten free pasta when I get home. It sounds divine, but extremely rich and high cal to the extreme. But every once in a while you need to indulge to enjoy life. Thanks again.:o

They have gluten-free noodles. It's worth asking when they come ask you what you want the next night (and let us know if they can do it GF!).

They have gluten-free noodles. It's worth asking when they come ask you what you want the next night (and let us know if they can do it GF!).

I have tried Carnival's gluten free diet, and it leaves a lot to be desired as as far as taste and texture, etc. I appreciate thier efforts, but I now choose to just monitor myself. Luckily I don't usually get outwardly sick if I occasionally cheat, but I do pay for it later internally if I eat too much or too often so I really try not to cheat for the most part. That being said, this is my vacation and I can't promise to behave all the time. What Carnival offers is to let you pick from certain items that they will make separately as GF. Some of the choices were ok, some not so much.

I have tried Carnival's gluten free diet, and it leaves a lot to be desired as as far as taste and texture, etc. I appreciate thier efforts, but I now choose to just monitor myself. Luckily I don't usually get outwardly sick if I occasionally cheat, but I do pay for it later internally if I eat too much or too often so I really try not to cheat for the most part. That being said, this is my vacation and I can't promise to behave all the time. What Carnival offers is to let you pick from certain items that they will make separately as GF. Some of the choices were ok, some not so much.

I was highly impressed on the Valor last year. They told me to tell them what I wanted off the menu, and they'd try to make it - they even made me crab cakes! The only thing that I thought was bad was their bread.

Maybe different ships are different?

I know I just recently saw a recipe for the new bacon mac and cheese on Carnival's new menus. I am not sure if it was on here or on John Heald's Facebook or blog. Does anyone know where I can find it to print out. Thanks.

You want a recipe for a heart attack on a plate ???? J/K, my husband prob would like it. I wouldnt touch it.

served in a large bowl. It has a chicken breast and half slice bacon on the top. It tasted so GOOD!!!!!! I have a picture of it if you want it. Email mdspratley@hotmail.com place mac & cheese photo in the subject line.

Does it taste of swiss cheese at all...I see that is one of many cheeses and that is the one cheese I really can't eat so wondering if you can even taste it in there...sometimes it overwhelms the other flavors.

• 10 months later...

This was one of the best things I ate on my last cruise. I am going to try to make it at home. I am not a swiss cheese person either but I will tell you it does not taste like swiss. It tastes great.

Archived