for the tall girls

booboojoy

When tall girls ask about the rise on jeans, they usually are not referring to how high they fit (hip, waist, need-to-shave) but the length of the seam from the crotch to the top, up the front. With lower rise pants, it's less of an issue, but still a useful measurement.

There is a difference, I've found, between pants sized as "long" and pants sized as "tall". Longs usually refer to the length of the inseam. Talls are designed differently to not only be long enough in the leg, but also longer in the rise,

noted.sorry. I didn't know all that. I just thought they were an awesome pant and price. I'm 5 101/2 and the 6 ultra fit me perfectly and felt wonderful.

No problem, it took quite a while for me to learn the difference!

I used to buy a lot of clothes at Penneys, but not so much nowadays. Used to love getting their catalogs. When I look on their website, whenever I see something in tall sizes that I'm interested in, they are never available. I'm 6ft tall and Penney's was always one of the best places to get tall sizes as they had tall and ultra talls. I wish more retailers would carry clothing for us vertically gifted ladies!

I can never find jeans tall enough. I ordered these in white. Can't wait to see how they fit. I'm weird in jeans, I can wear a 10 by one maker, all the way to 16 in others, although 16's are a bit large, after a couple of washings they are fine. I hope the 16 fits. We shall see.

I used to buy a lot of clothes at Penneys, but not so much nowadays. Used to love getting their catalogs. When I look on their website, whenever I see something in tall sizes that I'm interested in, they are never available. I'm 6ft tall and Penney's was always one of the best places to get tall sizes as they had tall and ultra talls. I wish more retailers would carry clothing for us vertically gifted ladies!

BBM

Love this description!

OP, thank you for posting this! Those are really cute jeans and I'm going to check them out. It's so hard to find pants that are the correct length for us tall girls.

On the flip side, in Septemberish I purchased a pair of black "ankle" pants online from Target that looked really cute. When they came in, I really liked my new black capris :)

Yes! I got the white ones, the last pair in my size. They fit well, and come to just about my belly button. Not quite as high as I'd like, but they fit well, and unrolled they are perfect. Love the skinny leg. Wish they had more in more colors. I vote thumbs up!