Need a cute sunhat

maryr65

I'm looking for a cute sunhat that ties to wear on deck or on excursions. I have a couple of cute ones but most of the time I find myself hanging on to them while on deck.

Any suggestions?

Believe it or not, I just saw some pretty pastel wide-brimmed hats with under the chin ties in the garden department at our local Walmart. They looked "foldable" for easy packing. You might check those out to see if you like the style.

I would like to second the suggestion to try Walmart this time of year : ) Zappos has lots of great options. I am looking for a new hat myself. I had this one pinned to pinterest from Columbia because I am always fearful my hat will fly off my head.

http://www.zappos.com/columbia-global-adventure-packable-hat-white?zlfid=191&ref=pd_sims_v_1

Believe it or not, I just saw some pretty pastel wide-brimmed hats with under the chin ties in the garden department at our local Walmart. They looked "foldable" for easy packing. You might check those out to see if you like the style.

Never thought of looking in the gardening section. Thanks.

I bought this one years ago and love it. It has held up very well and the chin strap keeps it from blowing away. The new colors are very pretty, so I may buy another one this Spring.

http://www.columbia.com/Women%27s-Sun-Goddess%E2%84%A2-II-Booney-Hat/CL9963,default,pd.html

Lisa

I really like the light blue color. It looks very packable too. Thanks.

After a recommendation here on CC, I bought one of these: crushable seagrass hats (the big floppy one). It has a string that can be tightened. I absolutely LOVE it! It looks great and feels even better. I love that I can just roll it up in my suitcase and it retains it's shape. Definitely worth the money. The cord around the top really works to hold it on my head.

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

After a recommendation here on CC, I bought one of these: crushable seagrass hats (the big floppy one). It has a string that can be tightened. I absolutely LOVE it! It looks great and feels even better. I love that I can just roll it up in my suitcase and it retains it's shape. Definitely worth the money. The cord around the top really works to hold it on my head.

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

Where can you get these hats?

Also, I love your signature line...thanks for the chuckle this morning. :D

Lisa

Lisa,

I've gotten several seagrass hats from TJ Maxx...just for another option of where to look.

Wonderdox,

I just saw your little dox icon on your post for the first time. We used to have the most adorable, lovable, little mini dachshund (sp?). We loved her so much. She was such an awesome little thing. Someday, I'm going to get another one.

Maryr65,

As another option...I collect vintage hat pins, which is what I use most often to secure my hats (which I wear all the time as I'm a true hat person). When I cruise and don't want to use my vintage pieces...a couple of bobby pins do the trick (I use one on the top of my hat and one on the back of the hat...works great in windy situations)! This, of course, works best with straw hats. If you use rubber-tipped bobby pins they won't ruin your hat. :D

Edited by mousey