Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Northern Europe & Baltics
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Northern Europe & Baltics Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM
ontheweb ontheweb is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monticello, NY
Posts: 1,349
Default 3 or 4 night Baltic cruises on RCL for the summer of 2007?

This morning I received a cruise critic newsletter. Among the information in it was that Royal Caribbean was going to intersperse some shorter 3 and 4 nights Baltic cruises next summer along with their regular 12 night cruises.

I called Royal Caribbean and requested the dates of the 4 night cruises and asked whether they included St. Petersberg as a port. The person I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about.

Does anyone have any information on this?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:46 AM
mcca2's Avatar
mcca2 mcca2 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Houston, Texas.
Posts: 5,459
Default

I think this is what you are referring to. The Jewel of the Seas will be doing short Baltic cruises in 2007

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1603
__________________
Kate
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/im...amond-plus.png

Rhapsody (W Carib) Mariner (E Carib) Splendour W (Carib) Jewel ( Russia & Baltic's) Splendour (W Carib) Splendour (W Carib) Rhapsody ( Panama Canal) Jewel (W Carib) Voyager (W Carib) Voyager (W Carib) Voyager ( TA) Navigator (W Carib) Independence (UK to Cork Ireland) Voyager (Adriatic) Monarch (Bahamas) Monarch (Bahamas) Voyager (TA) Monarch (Bahamas) Voyager (TA) Freedom (E. Carib) Jewel (W Carib) Vision ( TA) Vision (S. Carib) Jewel ( S. Carib) Navigator (TA) Navigator New Year 2013(W Carib) Navigator (W.Carib)2/2014, Liberty (TA) 2014, Legend Canada and Bermuda 2014
----------------------------------



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:57 AM
ontheweb ontheweb is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monticello, NY
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcca2
I think this is what you are referring to. The Jewel of the Seas will be doing short Baltic cruises in 2007

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1603
Yes, that was what I saw and why I contacted Royal Caribbean. They, or at least the person I spoke with, had no information. What I am looking for is the dates for next summer and whether the intinerary includes St. Petersberg.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old April 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
NancyIL NancyIL is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheweb
This morning I received a cruise critic newsletter. Among the information in it was that Royal Caribbean was going to intersperse some shorter 3 and 4 nights Baltic cruises next summer along with their regular 12 night cruises.

I called Royal Caribbean and requested the dates of the 4 night cruises and asked whether they included St. Petersberg as a port. The person I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about.

Does anyone have any information on this?
I think it would be hard to go to St. Petersburg on such a short cruise. The Navigator is doing a 7-day Short Scandinavia Cruise from Southampton with stops in Stavanger (Norway). Copenhagen, and Amsterdam.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old April 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
sumguy1 sumguy1 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 143
Default

few days ago i checked their 2007 baltic cruises, and it was 11 nights (rather than 12 like now) and does NOT include St Petersburg
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:16 PM
dileep's Avatar
dileep dileep is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,355
Default 3-4 day Baltic Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL
I think it would be hard to go to St. Petersburg on such a short cruise. The Navigator is doing a 7-day Short Scandinavia Cruise from Southampton with stops in Stavanger (Norway). Copenhagen, and Amsterdam.
It could be done as a round trip from Helsinki or as a Helsinki-St.Petrsburg-Tallinn cruise.
__________________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Photos: https://skydrive-df.live.com/?sc=photos#sc=photos
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DileepB#g/u
Ocean Nova in Antarctica Dec 2012: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1739893
Egypt Land Trip Review http://www.independenttraveler.com/t...-all-one-world
Swan Hellenic Minerva Antarctica - January 2010 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1083945
Galapagos http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ight=galapagos
Star Princess - Greek Isles: Rome to Venice - 28 October 2007 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=665634
Celebrity Millennium - South America, 22 January 2006. Review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=293376
Celebrity Constellation - Baltics, 21 May 2005. Notes at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...3&postcount=11
Celebrity Infinity - Alaska, July 2004
Radisson Diamond - Mediterranean, Oct 2000
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.