Which Miami pier?

MattInFLL

In trying to find out where Century might be at Port of Miami, I have seen references to "Pier 10" on this board. Celebrity's directions to the port on their web site say "follow signs for pier 4 and 5". But Miami's cruise ship piers are identified by letters - they are not numbered. Can anyone decipher this? Thanks!

(BTW, I am asking this for parking planning reasons - I realize that once there I will have no trouble finding the ship, especially since we are the only ship scheduled that day. But we come back on a Monday morning, which will be a busier day at the port, with Majesty of the Seas, NCL and at least one Carnival in port, too).

In trying to find out where Century might be at Port of Miami, I have seen references to "Pier 10" on this board. Celebrity's directions to the port on their web site say "follow signs for pier 4 and 5". But Miami's cruise ship piers are identified by letters - they are not numbered. Can anyone decipher this? Thanks!

(BTW, I am asking this for parking planning reasons - I realize that once there I will have no trouble finding the ship, especially since we are the only ship scheduled that day. But we come back on a Monday morning, which will be a busier day at the port, with Majesty of the Seas, NCL and at least one Carnival in port, too).

Hi Matt,:)...when I called X to see which pier Eclipse would be they

told me pier 4:eek:.....so now I need to find out which letter to tell

the cab driver?

You will SEE the ship...no need to have exact "directions"! The ships are HUGE and easily identifiable!

Just tell the cabbie which ship you're on...they'll find it, no problem!

Exactly !!

The OP won't have any problem finding the right pier in Miami, just tell the taxi driver what ship you're on. (Have Fun !!)

Srpilo

Hi everyone - since is, I think, my 26th cruise, I assure you I know I will have no trouble finding the ship! :) As I said, I am trying to find out which terminal Century is usually at for other reasons related to parking and getting out of the port when we return and getting to work. I have seen pictures of Celebrity ships in the same area RCI docks, but have also seen them on the other side of the port.

Does anyone know how the terminal numbers referred to correspond to the lettering system Miami is using? (Perhaps they used to use numbers and changed to letters.)

Again, thanks for any help.

Thanks for asking this question, MattinFLL, it's like you read my mind. It's been quite a few cruises since I've sailed out of Miami (thank god), and I was wondering about the number-vs-letters system and what pier X uses there. Now it seems like they don't even know. :eek:

Infi, I would think that some of the experienced cruisers on here could answer this question easily? We are not the first to sail out of Miami, are we? :)

Given the dearth of replies, I'm beginning to wonder the same thing! :eek:

Matt,

In looking at the Port's website, it appears that most of the traffic goes through terminals D and E (both of which are new). I know we have dropped people off at Terminal D for their Celebrity Cruise, but is it possible that the cruise lines are not assigned to a specific terminal, and that is the reason you're not getting an answer.

My advice would be to park in the lot/garage matching your terminal. You may also want to look at that cruise tt site to determine all the ships that will be in port with you...

Hi Michael - we are the only ship on the day we leave, but there are 4 ships the day we come back.. and the garages at Miami can take f o r e v e r to get out of on a Monday morning if you are not prepared and not there really early. Just don't want to be stuck having to get a shuttle to a different garage because time could be tight for me that morning.

Royal Caribbean is almost always at F & G (every time I have sailed from there), but I have seen Celebrity on the south side of the port at J. I have seen both Carnival and NCL at the terminals B, C, D, and E. If I were on Majesty of the Seas, I know that no matter what, we are leaving from F or G and coming back to F or G, because that is always how it is.

But if Celebrity has no terminal "home" at Miami, then I suppose this request could be futile anyway.

We've sailed out of Miami on Century a few times and not always from the same pier. In fact we docked at a different pier than we sailed from sometimes. When we left, we were across the street from the garage, but on return, is was nearly a 10 minute hike to the garage. So, hard to say where you will be as far as parking goes.

• 4 weeks later...

It was Terminal F - one of the "usual" RCI terminals - for both embarkation and dismebarkation, even though we were the only ship in port on embarkation and there were a number of ships on port upon our return. We parked at the garage closest to it, and had no issue.

The Eclipse last week we were at Terminal G. Unless that was parking garage G. But Royal Caribbean was right next to us, which i guess would be F.

Plenty of digital signs. It's one of the first exits you take when you cross into the port.

The Eclipse last week we were at Terminal G. Unless that was parking garage G. But Royal Caribbean was right next to us, which i guess would be F.

Plenty of digital signs. It's one of the first exits you take when you cross into the port.

Hi Doug, were you on the 3 nighter? I was and the ship docked at

terminal G.

Yup, just looked at the port map again, and we were definitely at F - which is right next to G, and it is called the G parking garage. But both F & G are RCI terminals, so I am sure Celebrity ships could be at either one.

But obviously no need to worry about finding your ship - the signage going into the port makes it pretty darn obvious, and you can't miss the ships even if you try :)

Archived