Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Whew, I finally caught up on both shows.

I really liked Erin's blue dress and I was thinking that she is going to dress up more this season. But then she wore the orange dress so there went that theory. I liked the orange dress; it just seemed too casual.

Julianne - UGH!!! You could see every vein on her boobs. Awful and tacky.

Lea's dance was so pretty. The duck girl was adorable but I think they over-scored her. The boxing guy was a pleasant surprise. Randy, is it? John's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head but I loved his enthusiasm.

I agree with Sandy Sails about the judges. Four is just too much talking. Bruno didn't even get to say anything a couple of times.

I think it will be a good season.

I'm very confused. Is the show on Tuesday nights again this season?

Okay, I checked on ABC and now I guess I have to reset my pvr.

I never would have even looked for it at 7 pm like ABC says.

The Tuesday shows used 9 pm and I would watch after got home from playing volleyball from 6 - 8 pm.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Our newspaper said the Tuesday show is for the first two weeks only.

Our newspaper said the Tuesday show is for the first two weeks only.

Ah, thanks for settling that then. It'll go down to one show per week. Good, I have way too many shows to watch, lol.

I liked Erin's orange dress on Night #2 but yes, it was rather casual. It did suit her though.

And isn't Len only going to be judging part-time now? Which is why they got a permanent 4th judge so that they'd have 3 permanent judges at all times. Is it only me or do Julianne's eyebrows look a little too dramatic for her face and coloring?

Edited by Sandy Sails

Whew, I finally caught up on both shows.

I really liked Erin's blue dress and I was thinking that she is going to dress up more this season. But then she wore the orange dress so there went that theory. I liked the orange dress; it just seemed too casual.

Julianne - UGH!!! You could see every vein on her boobs. Awful and tacky.

Lea's dance was so pretty. The duck girl was adorable but I think they over-scored her. The boxing guy was a pleasant surprise. Randy, is it? John's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head but I loved his enthusiasm.

I agree with Sandy Sails about the judges. Four is just too much talking. Bruno didn't even get to say anything a couple of times.

I think it will be a good season.

I also hated that dress. But I too have veins that show thru my skin. They are not bumpy like varicose veins, but just really show thru. I hate them. All over my skin. That is why I usually cover up. After a few people said something, I really feel embarrassed by them. On the chest and legs they especially show thru.

I'm surprised and sorry someone would say something to you.

I've gotten used to having transparent skin. It runs in my family and I'm not into laying out in the sun much since I burn first.

I'm sure my stretch marks, cellulite, varicose veins and fatness bother people more than my blue veins on my chest and feet.

I wear pantyhose when I dress up to help my legs a bit.

Edited by KandCsailing

Thank you. The person who really irked me when they said something was my mom's ex bf! None of us liked him, and that made me like him even less! Glad she kicked him to the curb. LOL

I do tan a bit. I try not to do it too much, but living in Vegas it's kinda hard to avoid the sun. Thankfully I don't burn much unless I'm really out there for a long time.

I also like to wear patterned tights. To cover up and to add an extra something to my outfit.

Thank you. The person who really irked me when they said something was my mom's ex bf! None of us liked him, and that made me like him even less! Glad she kicked him to the curb. LOL

I do tan a bit. I try not to do it too much, but living in Vegas it's kinda hard to avoid the sun. Thankfully I don't burn much unless I'm really out there for a long time.

I also like to wear patterned tights. To cover up and to add an extra something to my outfit.

How rude of the ex! I think a lot of people have blue veins (I do too) but Julianne was just showing wayyyy too many of them. :) I can't believe that top stayed on.

I'm very confused. Is the show on Tuesday nights again this season?

Okay, I checked on ABC and now I guess I have to reset my pvr.

I never would have even looked for it at 7 pm like ABC says.

The Tuesday shows used 9 pm and I would watch after got home from playing volleyball from 6 - 8 pm.

I have never really liked the elimination shows until they reach the end, so I watch on Monday and then read online who got eliminated.

I have always thought that Lolo chokes when the pressure is on. Do you remember the Olympics a while back when she was the favorite, and she received all kinds of media hype? Then she folded in the heats and didn't even make it to the medal round.

I watched the first dance this morning before going to work so I saw Erin's dress - at least from the waist up. Pretty blue (again). What did the rest look like?

What did everybody think about the show? I can only comment on Randy so far, lol. I'm kinda liking him.

IMHO, Julianna is an epic fail on this show. What was with her hair and outfit last night? It looked like she just flopped out of bed and headed to the studio to judge the dances. And I can't stand her voice and her Bruno impersonations. She needs to leave now rather than later.

Bethany is a joke and it's obvious that Derek intentionally makes her dances short so that she doesn't have to do anything really difficult.

Erin's dress would be very pretty for a cruise but I don't think it really pops on TV. Maybe they keep her more subdued because of the contestants' sparkly costumes.

I agree that Julianne's hair and dress were horrible. The dress was not pretty or flattering. I have never been a fan of that "cut with a weed wacker" hair style.

I have always liked Julianne, but last night she looked like her hair was arranged by an egg beater, and from last week, when her boobs were popping out, this week it looked like she didn't have any. I thought her makeup was too pale and it just didn't make her look very good at all.

I thought Betsy had a wonderful image makeover and did a really decent job for her age. She looked very classy. Chong has got to be one of the sexiest 76 year olds I have seen. He really is in good shape and has that little devil look in his eye.

The young crowd all did a good job, IMO, and I think the fan base is going to play a major roll in who gets voted out. I don't vote, so I cannot fault with whoever is voted out.

What was with that totally weird dance done by Allison? I honest to God thought both dancers were naked. I'm a fan of SYTYCD, but this routine was way strange, starting with the bathing suits.

Now that Len is going to be gone for a few weeks (they need to stop DWTS and Strictly Come Dancing from running at the same time), they're bringing in subs, with Kevin Hart being the first. I really like this guy, but I'm tired of guest judges who know squat about dance. It's just gimmicky.

And what's with the "costume" worn by Julianne? I'm sorry, but the costume designers have gone beyond bad taste during what's supposed to be family hour. Her costume is better suited to Vegas.

LOVED Erin's look tonight.

Oh, and I wanted to add that it was more than DISGUSTING that they put that 12 year old girl in the nude bodysuit. Where were her parents? So totally inappropriate for a 12 year old to wear anything like that. Shame on Dancing, shame on Abby Lee Miller and a big shame on her parents.

Edited by kitty9

I loved Erin's dress too--didn't like her hair though.

Julianne has had some bad looks already. Even my husband commented on her hair last night--I doubt if he's ever said anything about anyone's hair on a tv show before--and the outfit last night was only 'good' in comparison to the first night.

Yeah, some of the costumes are too revealing for me--no class. I missed that one of the 'dancers' was only 12 in those flesh-colored things. Good gosh.

I don't think the actual worst dancer went home, but one of the worst, and probably someone without a big fan base? I don't really know as I am not familiar with that person.

Becky looked so much better than her usual 16/7 year old persona, which makes her look somewhat crazy.

What was with that totally weird dance done by Allison? I honest to God thought both dancers were naked. I'm a fan of SYTYCD, but this routine was way strange, starting with the bathing suits.

Allison and Maddie Ziegler's dance was very similar to Maddie's dancing in Sia's music video to Chandelier. Same with the costumes.

I thought it was strange that Sia sang facing backward, but I found on YouTube that she sang facing a corner while live on The Ellen Show also.

I liked Erin's dress last night but wished she had dangling earrings.

Tonight I liked her hair and jewelry, but not really the gown.

Betsy Johnston looked amazing. She is actually very pretty.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Julianne's hair because mine is a similar length.

If I didn't hate her hair on Monday I think I could pull off that look with a few bobby pins on my bangs.

I think the dancing on the video is inappropriate also. She's only 12 freaking years old. Don't parents realize that their daughter will be on every pedophile's computer by tomorrow morning? That's exactly the kind of thing that those sick bas***ds look for. I don't care how good a dancer she is, you do not sexualize a child in that manner.

I think the dancing on the video is inappropriate also. She's only 12 freaking years old. Don't parents realize that their daughter will be on every pedophile's computer by tomorrow morning? That's exactly the kind of thing that those sick bas***ds look for. I don't care how good a dancer she is, you do not sexualize a child in that manner.

I missed something. Who is only 12 years old?

Betsey Johnson made a comeback from last week. I have never seen her dressed so conservatively.

I could have seen either of the two lowest teams go home. I'm not sure one was any better than the other.

That dance was WEIRD. I didn't like it at all. The look on Tom Bergeron's face when it was over was priceless. I could be reading too much into it, but he looked like he didn't understand it either.

I missed something. Who is only 12 years old?

Betsey Johnson made a comeback from last week. I have never seen her dressed so conservatively.

I could have seen either of the two lowest teams go home. I'm not sure one was any better than the other.

The girl dancing with the pro Allison, wearing the flesh colored body suit, is 12. Her name is Maddie and she's a dancer with that horrid woman, Abby Lee Miller of Dance Moms.

HI all!

Have to agree about Julianne's boobage & hair!:eek: Maybe she did her dance before they started taping the show & that's why it was so messy.:confused:

I didn't watch the whole show Monday as I watched the guy who fathered 34 kids on OWN but actually like watching just the results show as I see enough of the dance & the look behind the scenes. One thing that strikes me is the dancers all seem to be having a good time this season, very happy, friendly atmosphere!

Although Betsy's dance & costume improved I sure hope they cover her up a bit more, her back was not a pretty sight!!

See you next week.

~ Jo ~ :)

I liked the way Julianne looked in years gone by. Her hair just doesn't do anything to flatter her. Her dance also didn't need her to have such a teeny tiny costume, but she sure can move!

I agree that the cast this year all seem to be having a great time. I hate to see anyone get voted off.

I liked Erin's hair on Monday night, not so much Tuesday night. Her white dress was ok. Seems like all of her dresses this year are one solid color, skin-tight, with no bling. I guess it's her new signature look. I think it's fine, just doesn't give us much to talk about! Lol.

As far as the Allison dance with the young girl, I saw the same singer and girl dancer do the same thing on Ellen, but without Allison. I thought it was strange then also but mostly because the singer always turns her back and the girl seems a bit young for such a dance. But you have to admit, she is a fantastic dancer. And I didn't even recognize Allison. Her husband is Ellen's guest DJ very often. They both have amazing bodies!

My DVR didn't record Monday's show and I could only find the first hour of it on On Demand so I missed half the dances. :(

I thought Erin's blue dress was really pretty but I didn't like the white one that much. Just too plain. She must not be a bling-y kind of girl.

Julianne's hair was awful! It looked like she'd just gotten out of bed. It made more sense when she did her dance because it swirled around and had a lot of movement then. I agree that she is a fail. The show really didn't need 4 judges. I can see having her come in when Len is away but they are having guest judges too.

Not sure why Alfonso was so stressed out. He's doing really well. I guess if you get all 9's on the first dance, that makes it hard to keep improving every week. I'm looking forward to seeing him do a ballroom dance next week.

Oh wow, On Demand only had 1/2 the show? WEIRD!

I tried to find a Food Network show ON DEMAND and couldn't find it anywhere:(

Edited by Lois R