Sleep Inn Sea Tac Washington..anyone stayed there?

backheidi

Found a really good price for a room precruise at the Sleep Inn near the Sea Tac Airport? Anyone stay there? If so, opinions please. It definitely is no frills but rated very well on trip advisor. Also, we can easily get a shuttle to the pier (shuttle express $12 pp). It is literally half the price to do my hotel and shuttle this way compared to what Princess offers precruise. But though I like to save money if possible (and spend it on good excursions), I want safety and a clean bed and room. Thanks in advance for your help.

Me!!! We've stayed at the Sleep Inn Seatac numerous times - both pre and post cruise and we just love it! Very clean, recently remodeled (we just stayed there this past June following a land only trip to AK, and everything was spotless and new).

Great free breakfast buffet, an IHOP located right across the parking lot, a free shuttle to and from the airport or the Light Rail station, a free shuttle to any shopping or restaurants within 5 miles (I think) of the hotel, free WIFI or use of their two computers in the lobby, washer/dryer for guest use, friendly competant employees.

The price can't be beat and it serves our purpose well each time. I've already booked a pre-cruise stay for next May and a post-cruise stay as well. I do as you have suggested, booked a shuttle service for $12 to take us to and from the pier.

In 2011, we arrived at Seatac around noon, grabbed the hotel free shuttle and dropped our luggage off at the hotel, then took the free shuttle to the Light Rail station and traveled over to Seattle proper ($2.50 pp, I believe) and spent the afternoon going to the Pike Market, walking the waterfront and having a great seafood lunch. Easy, convenient, and a great price to boot - can't beat it! I would highly recommend staying at the Sleep Inn SeaTac!

Have fun, enjoy your trip to the Great Land!

I know a few people love this place but for sightseeing Seattle its fairly terrible. Its on a commercial hwy next to a Kenworth truck factory. I know there is an IHOP but thats about it. If what you want to do is have a place to sleep go for it. Is it convenient? no. Would it work, of course. I guess its all about priorities. Why not look on hotwire.com and see the price of a 4 star hotel near the airport. The shuttle will pick up at any Seatac motel

Edited by Dan G

• 3 weeks later...

Again, I chose this hotel mainly because Trip Advisor has it rated very highly (third best out of all the Seattle Airport hotels). The hotel picks you up at the airport and has a shuttle that will take you and pick you up anywhere within 5 miles (including the rail). I am okay with it being in a commerical area just want it to be safe (we will probably venture no further then the Ihop next door except by shuttle). Two things important were whether they had a shuttle from the airport and whether they were on the list for Seattle Express (which they are) to take us to the Pier the next morning. But safety is important, so if anyone has had a negative experience there or in the area, please let me know. I don't go until June of 2014 so have time to change.

Thanks again to everyone. These boards are very helpful.

The Sleep Inn Sea-Tac is about 2 or 3 miles South of the Airport. I’ve never stayed there but drive by it pretty often. The general area around Sea-Tac Airport is not the best, the facilities at the Sleep Inn appear to be decent, next time I’m up that way I’ll stop in and take a look. If you use basic common sense and you shouldn’t have any problems, like don’t go out for a walk after dark. If they offer a free scuttle to the Airport and to the Light Rail station that should be helpful and a plus.

• 8 months later...
I'm looking at staying here next summer, so I would love any recent reviews. I'm especially worried about safety. Thanks!

We just stayed there last month. We had no problems, the hotel was fine, and the staff was excellent and very helpful. What specifically are you worried about and maybe I can answer your question?

I'm so glad I found your post! We are going on an Alaskan cruise next summer and I've been trying to find a reasonably priced Seattle hotel. I hadn't thought of staying at the airport and getting the rail into the city. Thanks for the great advice. I was afraid I was going to have to pay as much for two nights in Seattle os the price of my cruise.

• 2 months later...
How early do I need to book this for a September cruise?

And to make sure, this hotel is near a monorail that takes you into downtown Seattle? And this hotel has shuttles that will take you to malls? And to the pier?

Why wait? Rates only go up. Just be aware of their cancel fee in case you find another place to stay.

Sleep Inn ( like most airport hotels) has a free shuttle to/from the airport. If you want to explore downtown Seattle, you would take the hotel shuttle to the airport which is where the LIGHT RAIL station is located. Ride the Light Rail to the last stop, which is Westlake Center ... about $3pp for a 40 minute ride. Westlake is also where you catch the monorail to the Space Needle/Seattle Center. Walk 2 blocks from Westlake and you're at Pikes Place Market.

Seattle Shuttle partners with Sleep Inn and many other hotels. They charge $12pp to go to pier 66 or 91. Check their web site for other info.

Light Rail info: http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail