River Cruise & Pocket Watch

jrowland

Hi,

Going on my first river cruise in May 2015 from Budapest -> Amsterdam. Always said if I ever was able to do a river cruise I wanted to pick up a nice pocket watch along the way. Now that the reservations have been made wanted to ask if anyone can suggest possible ports along the way that I might be able to find a good pocket watch?

Hi,

Going on my first river cruise in May 2015 from Budapest -> Amsterdam. Always said if I ever was able to do a river cruise I wanted to pick up a nice pocket watch along the way. Now that the reservations have been made wanted to ask if anyone can suggest possible ports along the way that I might be able to find a good pocket watch?

I did that cruise and I think there will be plenty of options for you to get a nice pocket watch. One of the nice things about river cruising is you usually dock within walking distance of the heart of the port and if not transportation to center of town will be provided and if not, the merchants will be within walking distance of the ship! I bought a cuckoo clock and a lot of other things in Passau at a huge shop that I would say was no more than 1/4 mile from the ship and very very nice. Everyone spoke English, no one pressured me to buy anything and they shipped! My clock is still working, despite the cat's best efforts, and just finished chiming 5 p.m. Everything I purchased arrived in one piece and was good quality. If you have time pre-trip in Budapest you might find something there, it and Amsterdam and Vienna are 3 of your ports that are also world class cities. Of course they will probably have world class prices to match!

This was my first river cruise and it remains one of my favorites to this day!

Edited by Hydrokitty