Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old June 19th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Instead of a guest book we have the engraved pictured frame. I like this because the pen they give you engraves the signature on the frame and it looks very elegant. I wanted something that would serve a purpose and that I could display.

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginationCruiseBride View Post
I've decided to do something really different for instead of a guest book, I'm painting the letters of our last name and the date each on a different page and have the wedding guests hold the letters. We will have our guests in groups or singles hold 1 letter each of S-N-E-L-L-I-N-G and A-u-g-u-s-t-3-2-0-1-4 and take pictures. I plan to have them developed as 8 x 10's and frame them to make a gallery wall. So rather than having a signature of everybody who attends our wedding we will have photos of them.
This is an ADORABLE idea I love it!

Old June 29th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

How long did you wait for your rsvp to come back after you sent out your invite? Did your bridal party come dressed or did they get dressed with you in bride and groom dressing cabins? When were your group and married couple pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

12 days and counting...
Just want to share my guest map signature. On the map it is marked where we came from, where we met and where we live. You can do as many dots you wish on it! I bought at Etsy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByForums1404129919.770080.jpg (9.1 KB, 22 views)

Old June 30th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Party favor, luggage tag!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByForums1404177089.971739.jpg (8.8 KB, 17 views)

Old August 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

What time do the wedding actually start ? @1:00 or @1:30 pm ? Did you write on your invite the wedding started at that time or did you write @ 10:00am since the guests have to board with you.

Old August 1st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteBory View Post
What time do the wedding actually start ? @1:00 or @1:30 pm ? Did you write on your invite the wedding started at that time or did you write @ 10:00am since the guests have to board with you.
I wrote on my invites 10am since everyone will be boarding then. Just to be safe and assure my guest will not come late since ceremony is a 1pm-1:30ish

Old August 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible2011 View Post
I wrote on my invites 10am since everyone will be boarding then. Just to be safe and assure my guest will not come late since ceremony is a 1pm-1:30ish
Ok thanx

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusilva View Post
Party favor, luggage tag!

I love those! I had considered doing luggage takes to send to everyone with my pre-sailing mailing (about 3 weeks before trip I sent package with all boarding info, maps of port city, ship map, etc), so they'd have them for the trip. But, I ran out of time and energy for it.

Carnival Dream Wedding Cruise - June 22-29, 2014
- New Orleans, LA to Cozumel, Belize, & Isle Roatan

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I wrote "Boarding at 10:00 am" on the invites. I didn't write on there anywhere what time the actual wedding was, since that wasn't really critical to when they need to arrive. A few weeks prior to the wedding, I did mail out info to everyone and included a day-of timeline, which stated meet at port & check-in was at 10am, boarding at 11am, lunch at 11:30am, wedding at 1pm, reception at 1:30pm, and disembark for non-sailing at 3pm... that way they knew what to expect throughout the day. Everyone arrived at port between 9:45 and 10:30am.

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
How long did you wait for your rsvp to come back after you sent out your invite? Did your bridal party come dressed or did they get dressed with you in bride and groom dressing cabins? When were your group and married couple pictures taken?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I left about a month between sending out invites and RSVP due date. My family is horrible at RSVP's though, so I only received about 1/2 of them back and had to contact everyone else. Knowing that, I had my RSVP date about 3 weeks before I had to submit guest list to cruise ship.

All of our guests were ready before boarding. But, most of our wedding party did get dressed onboard with us. When deciding this, you may want to consider how big of a wedding party you have and what size cabin you have. If you have interior room, it can get really crowded. Figure that you will have yourself, bridesmaids, flower girl, mother, photographer... and whoever else you want to help you get ready... that's a lot of people in a tiny room. I had a suite and it was still hectic.

They took our group/family photos immediately after the ceremony, before we went to the reception. We didn't feel the need to do too many, and we only had 25 guests, so this only took about 5-10 minutes for us. They also took a few more group photos at the reception. For our couple/posed photos, we didn't have time to do it right after reception, so we met up with photographer after the muster drill to do those.