Distance-West Bay Beach/Half Moon Beach?

shark_bait

I respectfully disagree. I'd estimate it's more like a 30 minute walk at a steady, but not overly fast, pace. I know I've made it in not much more than 30 minutes - certainly well under an hour - while accompanied by a couple of kids that were around 4 & 6 years old (the younger of which rode my shoulders a good bit of the way).

It's definitely walkable if you are in reasonably decent physical condition.

Thanks for the responses. I assume this walk can be done on the beach? What we have going on here is that we have a Dive Trip planned for the morning that leaves out of Half Moon Beach area. After diving we just wanted to hang out on the beach. Of course we would need a Beach Bar.:D If the beach at Half Moon Beach isn't that great, I thought we would walk down to West Bay Beach Beach, maybe to the resort there that is talked about here on these boards. Thanks again for all of your help.

It's certainly walkable. If you're in West End (where Half Moon Bay is), face the water, then start walking to your left. As you go through "town" you'd want to just walk on the road (it's a dirt road). When you get to the western end of town, cut out to the beach & walk along it. Right before you get to West Bay area, there is a canal that cuts in, but there's a pedestrian bridge built over it.

Another (maybe better) alternative would be to take a water taxi; the small boats make the run throughout the day & charge something like $2 per person. To hop one, just walk to the western side of West End community, in the area around where the 2nd of the 2 buildings built out over the water is. They typically use the dock there (or one of a couple of other small docks right near there).

• 4 weeks later...

After more research, it looks like we would like to head to Mayan Princess after our Dive/ Snorkel Trip. Dive/Snorkel will take place at Half Moon Beach so wondering the best way to get to the Mayan Princess from there. Walk, Water Taxi, Regular Taxi ? Thanks for your help.

Archived