Anyone use their american express points

Hombre59

Anyone use their american express reward points for a rccl cruise? It says 100,000 points, does that cover 2 ppl or is it 100000 for only 1 person?

We might consider using it and going on the Freedom in May.

The 100,000 points equal roughly $1000. It doesn't matter how you apply it. When you book the points are being applied to the cabin (regardless if there are 1, 2 or 3 people in it).

We just cashed in points for a free cruise last July.

Since we are using AMEX exclusively and our points are added from all cards we get to turn in points quite frequently.

The only downfall is that you have to use AmEx travel services to book your cruise. I am not to fond of TAs period but it went extremely smooth with AmEx and they had great customer service.

Like others, we use our amex cards for EVERYTHING and then have ooodles of points to use. I have never used my points for cruises becuase I usually use them for the air tickets to get to the cruise.

They have this really cool new feature where you can use the points in the traditional way (change point into miles for the airline that you choose) or you can pay your bill for any ticket using points...so great.

I agree, their customer service is great!

I don't know if I did it wrong so FYI, try it both ways, I cashed 300,000 pts in last summer. I bought the cruise on my card then called amex for credit and they only gave me a $2200! I was bummed because our trip was almost $ 3600 (5 of us, in the summer) - check out your options first. you can also book it on the amex website and apply your points right to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked my cruise with my AMEX card thru a TA. I have used AMEX points for airline tickets many times but will have to check the point conversion on the cruise.

But I would like to know if I can transfer some points for Onboard credit. If I would get OBC I would do it in a heartbeat. I read in another posting that Bank of America customers could transfer points.

Archived